Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   O Dark Thirty (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=26186)

makobob 07-12-2015 01:47 PM

O Dark Thirty

Next Sunday morning, I will be leaving for Asuncion/Abreojos to visit Rossman and fish. Room for one to shotgun.

rossman 07-12-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 233342)
Next Sunday morning, I will be leaving for Asuncion/Abreojos to visit Rossman and fish. Room for one to shotgun.

Bob
You gonna make it in one day, or planning on an overnight along the way.

Dannowar 07-12-2015 03:50 PM

I'll be headed to palapas encantadas to get revenge on the grouper. Safe travels bob.

makobob 07-12-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 233352)
I'll be headed to palapas encantadas to get revenge on the grouper. Safe travels bob.

Danny you better EATS what ya kills!!!
Ross I plan on stopping maybe at Cowboys, maybe earlier depending on how I feel. You could even find me outback of your place in the morning but I doubt that.

makobob 07-13-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 233358)
Danny you better EATS what ya kills!!!
Ross I plan on stopping maybe at Cowboys, maybe earlier depending on how I feel. You could even find me outback of your place in the morning but I doubt that.

OK Ross, I have your order ready, and I have reading materials for you too.
If I leave here at 4:30 I should be across the border before 6am on Sunday.
Past San Quintin by noon and if things go right I could make it to your place before dark, but if I feel tired I will spend the night at cowboys.

Still looking for someone to ride shotgun and help drive. Tight lines.

Viper3173 07-13-2015 12:15 PM

How long are you going down for, Bob? I've always wanted to check it out down there and might be able to pull it off

Patrick

makobob 07-13-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper3173 (Post 233443)
How long are you going down for, Bob? I've always wanted to check it out down there and might be able to pull it off

Patrick

Leave O Dark Thirty on the 19th, return anytime, I need to be here on the 31st so you tell me when you need to be back.

rossman 07-13-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper3173 (Post 233443)

Patrick

I don't know if you need any fishing incentive but the yellowtail fishing is simply off the hook right now. Every time I go out of cannot believe it will get any better but then it does. It was as out of his morning and totally lost count at about 9. Probably ended up with at least a dozen. No rats. All 20 lb or better. I was getting hits on almost every cast.

rossman 07-13-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 233441)
Past San Quintin by noon and if things go right I could make it to your place before dark, but if I feel tired I will spend the night at cowboys.

Perfecto. Let me know if you want me to. PayPal you some money now. Or else we can settle up when you get here.

makobob 07-13-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 233456)
Perfecto. Let me know if you want me to. PayPal you some money now. Or else we can settle up when you get here.

We can take care of it when I get there. Did you say WFO yellows? I guess you are already over a hundred yellows this year. WOW, awesome see you in a week. Tight lines. Did you say there was no chicken legs/thighs available down there?

rossman 07-13-2015 04:05 PM

Legs and thighs are usually available. Breasts and wings are scarce. Story of my life

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

makobob 07-13-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 233493)
Legs and thighs are usually available. Breasts and wings are scarce. Story of my life

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So which do you prefer and do you want me to bring some? Any freezer space available?

Zed 07-13-2015 04:59 PM

Might want to bring him some tuna...

makobob 07-14-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zed (Post 233498)
Might want to bring him some tuna...

No Tuna, guess he will have to settle for some chicken breasts and wings.
Still looking for a shotgun/driver/rider. Tight lines.

udowinkler 07-16-2015 05:27 PM

Hola Bob!

I think your time line is a little off.
Our normal drive time: Cross in Otay by 7 a.m. Make it to San Quintin and spend the night (this is now early to mid afternoon). We normally make it to Hotel Jardines and eat at the restaurant for dinner. Wake up at 5+ a.m. Leave by 6 a.m. Stop for breakfast At Mama Espinoza's in El Rosario and gas up. Finish eating and leave by 7 a.m. Get to Guerrero Negro by 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. Eat and a margarita at Mario's Palapa, order a CAMPECHANA and guacamole, (about two KM before town). Then fill up again in GN, and one more time in Vizcaino. Pull into the house by around 6 p.m. Done this about 16 times.

Think this...it is about a ten hour drive from Ensenada to BA, plus you lose an hour (mountain time after the North/South crossing). And don't let the agricultural guys pull the wool over your eyes...they have two books of prices for the car-bottom spraying: 10 pesos and 20 pesos. They try to pull the 20 pesos first until you tell them that last month you paid 10 pesos.
Remember that you will have at least four military check points to drive trough, and the hold up time is kind of a crapshoot, depending on busses and trucks (which also slow you down on the mountain and curvy roads.)

Tight lines, buddy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 233441)

makobob 07-16-2015 06:24 PM

Udo, you are right. I might just drive down to San Quintin on Saturday afternoon after the How event.

udowinkler 07-17-2015 10:43 AM

Great idea Bob.

Plus there are several mountainous areas that really play havoc on your driving, especially if there are busses or truck. DON'T GET IN A HURRY and crazily pass these vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 234021)
Udo, you are right. I might just drive down to San Quintin on Saturday afternoon after the How event.

makobob 07-17-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udowinkler (Post 234095)
Great idea Bob.

Plus there are several mountainous areas that really play havoc on your driving, especially if there are busses or truck. DON'T GET IN A HURRY and crazily pass these vehicles.

Yes sir, been thru there a few times, once you turn 60 it is time to slow down.

CardShark 07-17-2015 12:37 PM

I shot you a PM Bob....did you already find someone to drive down with you?

makobob 07-17-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardShark (Post 234109)
I shot you a PM Bob....did you already find someone to drive down with you?

PMed you back, Sven is probally going, should know for sure tomorrow.