Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Awful Quiet Out There.. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31899)

Tandem Assassin 09-14-2017 08:50 AM

Awful Quiet Out There..

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 22333

goldenglory18 09-14-2017 09:15 AM

The reports the last few days have been light. Not very many people going out fishing, and those that did, didn't have much catching.

Does this happen each year when the weather starts to cool off? I figured 1' swells and 75* temps would get more people out on the water...

NICKWORN 09-14-2017 09:37 AM

Fareweather Fisherman

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenglory18 (Post 285907)
The reports the last few days have been light. Not very many people going out fishing, and those that did, didn't have much catching.

Does this happen each year when the weather starts to cool off? I figured 1' swells and 75* temps would get more people out on the water...

You learn quickly that most( 75% ) of the kayak and PB's only fish when the reports are good, hints why a lot of us stop posting our catches. We put in the time, and then you got these weekend warriors who come out on when the reports are good. Winter fishing is coming and you will see a lot of kayaks for sale and less of a crowd.

goldenglory18 09-14-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NICKWORN (Post 285914)
You learn quickly that most( 75% ) of the kayak and PB's only fish when the reports are good, hints why a lot of us stop posting our catches. We put in the time, and then you got these weekend warriors who come out on when the reports are good. Winter fishing is coming and you will see a lot of kayaks for sale and less of a crowd.

Makes sense. I report a lot, but its not as often as I fish so I totally get it.... :cool:

makobob 09-14-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

You got that right, time to start looking for deals on yaks. PRIME TIME in Baja RIGHT NOW. Tight Lines amigos.

Cronus 09-14-2017 12:57 PM

Well this weekend warrior has a full time day job, three young kids in school that need evening homework help, and an old grandmother who lives alone that I visit every day after work. So weekdays are not possible...... but I fish no matter the reports people post, just love being out on the water. So peaceful. So if anyone thinks we only fish when the reports are good, you clearly do not get the mindset of the full time workers..... think the world revolves around your fish reports..... your so vain, and I bet you think this song is about you, lol its a good song.

SDROB 09-14-2017 01:10 PM

Almost time to break out the iron and do some deep jigging as the water begin's to cool. I love LJ in the wintertime... The cold weather usually reduces the crowds.

Or do like what Mako said and head south. :jig:

SDROB 09-14-2017 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Ha... I couldn't resist.

dos ballenas 09-14-2017 01:42 PM

So you guys are saying fishing is slow right now? Got it. Thanks ;)

Ggiannig89 09-14-2017 06:29 PM

Considering seaforth half day reports are reporting 80+ YT for a couple days in a row I'm sure there is still plenty of fishing for the YTs to be had.
I've known for awhile now that when the boards are quiet it usually means lines are zipping.

NICKWORN 09-15-2017 06:29 AM

Hmmmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cronus (Post 285944)
Well this weekend warrior has a full time day job, three young kids in school that need evening homework help, and an old grandmother who lives alone that I visit every day after work. So weekdays are not possible...... but I fish no matter the reports people post, just love being out on the water. So peaceful. So if anyone thinks we only fish when the reports are good, you clearly do not get the mindset of the full time workers..... think the world revolves around your fish reports..... your so vain, and I bet you think this song is about you, lol its a good song.

Not sure if that was intended for me, but I'll assume it was. Coming from someone who has a 2 year old and a 3 month old and works full time, I don't see why so BUTT HURT. I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure I never said, CRONUS only fishes when the reports are good or is a weekend warrior. Seems I pricked a sensitive nerve under your skin?? Anyhow, I actually like you enjoy being on the water as it's my only time for some peace and quite!:cheers1:

chris138 09-15-2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos ballenas (Post 285947)
So you guys are saying fishing is slow right now? Got it. Thanks ;)

Fishing is always slow from a kayak! :paddleersmilie:

PapaDave 09-15-2017 07:14 AM

GGRrrrrrr....

Quote:

Some of us have 8-5 jobs and have to work to support families. I think it's fairly arrogant for those who can get out every day or so to put us down, not giving reports because of us wanting to get out and catch something. If the roles were reversed, how would you look at it?

So what if we get out there on weekends, you don't, so why do you care. We rely on the reports to let us know if there is fish biting, it's the only way we can find out since we are working all day through the week.

It really steams me when I read something putting us 'weekend warriors' down, what makes you so much better than us? Who died and left you the ocean?

chris138 09-15-2017 07:24 AM

:goodnight:

MITCHELL 09-15-2017 07:38 AM

I will be going as soon as I finish my fish....

1 Attachment(s)
Burritos, going green on some yellow.......
Parsley cilantro jalapeno green onion cabbage lime...:D

NICKWORN 09-15-2017 12:51 PM

LOL OPEN YOUR EYES

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDave (Post 285976)
Some of us have 8-5 jobs and have to work to support families. I think it's fairly arrogant for those who can get out every day or so to put us down, not giving reports because of us wanting to get out and catch something. If the roles were reversed, how would you look at it?

So what if we get out there on weekends, you don't, so why do you care. We rely on the reports to let us know if there is fish biting, it's the only way we can find out since we are working all day through the week.

It really steams me when I read something putting us 'weekend warriors' down, what makes you so much better than us? Who died and left you the ocean?

You obviously dint read through the thread, as i mainly get out on the weekends as well, with my 7-3:30 job and two toddlers. Weekend warriors were referenced in connection with those who only come out when the bite is hot.

All you old grumpy men need to relax, no one mentioned any names so why you all getting so butt hurt? Fuck Sakes women!:the_finger: