Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Newport 11/11 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=32186)

jbl_91762 11-11-2017 05:57 PM

Newport 11/11

Have not had a chance to fish in a while and was excited just to be on the water. Bummed bait barge is gone and Im sure it would have helped the fishing. But super dead out there, threw 3" swim baits for some nibbles and landed one spottie. Other fisherman was not successful either, I started following a tide chart and it did mention it would be slow but I've never followed it before. Anyhow it says starting next Thur thru Sun it will be very good fishing due to the moon.

ultimatejay 11-11-2017 08:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My son and I had a good day out there today, beautiful weather but had big swells in the morning and not much current. Caught one Bonita, tons of mackerel, one whitefish and several dozen bass, most were small but had a few keepers- Calicos, Sand and Spotted. Inside the harbor was real slow only got 8 small bass.

Orca Winfrey 11-11-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatejay (Post 287934)
My son and I had a good day out there today, beautiful weather but had big swells in the morning and not much current. Caught one Bonita, tons of mackerel, one whitefish and several dozen bass, most were small but had a few keepers- Calicos, Sand and Spotted. Inside the harbor was real slow only got 8 small bass.

Nice job with the boy.

Orca Winfrey 11-11-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbl_91762 (Post 287927)
Have not had a chance to fish in a while and was excited just to be on the water. Bummed bait barge is gone and Im sure it would have helped the fishing. But super dead out there, threw 3" swim baits for some nibbles and landed one spottie. Other fisherman was not successful either, I started following a tide chart and it did mention it would be slow but I've never followed it before. Anyhow it says starting next Thur thru Sun it will be very good fishing due to the moon.

At least you had some action. It’s weird that sometimes NPH can be really dead and full action at other times. Was the tide slack?

StumpFisher 11-12-2017 11:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
We made it out today as well, my youngest boys turn this time. Had to work for 'em in the harbor and indeed was slow as everyone mentioned. We did scrape a total of 10 with the bass trifecta (6 spots, 1 sandy, 1 calico), 1 small sculpin and one short hali. My little guy had a blast though!

dorado123 11-12-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbl_91762 (Post 287927)

nice talking to you at parking lot ...we could team up next time

Hamachijohn 11-12-2017 12:53 PM

Kids on fish...the best fishing reports. Good job dad!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Denis_Ruso 11-13-2017 07:21 AM

Think I saw you guys that morning. Blue Hobie fishing where the bait dock used to be.

Slow day for me, went 0-1 on a spottie off a piling. Really slow day inside the harbor for me.