Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2/20/12 AM Surf Report (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12639)

SquidJig 02-20-2012 10:28 AM

2/20/12 AM Surf Report

If you're thinking about going out today, make sure you're wearing your PDF and have everything leashed. The surf this morning was bigger than reported on surfline.com and worse, it was chaotic with waves coming from different directions with no time between them.

I saw two guys go out, and with all due respect to my fellow kayanglers, they were very lucky. One guy took a full frontal facial when a wave broke over his head. I can't believe it didn't knock him off his yak. I was lucky, too, and made it out but almost got blind-sided by a huge wave that broke way out beyond all the other breakers.

Unfortunately, my buddy wasn't so lucky and flipped. I had to paddle right back in. By pure luck I caught a lull and only one wave caught up to me. I was able to ride it in but nearly lost it in a few inches of wash.

If you choose to take on these crappy conditions, make sure someone has your back. And good luck. Or better yet, take care of some of those things around the house today. That's what I'm doing.

Tight lines.

mtnbykr2 02-20-2012 10:37 AM

thanks for the report,
it appeared to be building yesterday, some big sets at MDR outside...

echo1er 02-20-2012 10:42 AM

thanks for the report. Sucks for your friend. He might be pretty pissed off right now. But all I would say to him is '' your still alive''. Tight lines. VHF Ch 22 is giving all reports right now.

The Kid 02-20-2012 11:05 AM

Man, that really sucks for your friend. I bet he or she was really miserable afterwards. :D

deepdvr 02-20-2012 11:07 AM

Its ok....HE'S got some big balls, just ask RK.

echo1er 02-20-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepdvr (Post 107949)

lol with big balls you don't need a pfd

NextBite 02-20-2012 11:23 AM

Thanks for the report :)

ashmoz 02-20-2012 11:28 AM

was pretty shitty on Saturday too. Waay bigger than reported on surfline. I guess surfline is effing with us :)

:cheers1:

lowprofile 02-20-2012 11:38 AM

i watched a guy wipe out on the webcam this morning :D the tours had better luck than he did. looked like it got alot better by noon. also watched it last night and saw three guys launch before dark, looks rough but they made it alright. well, they made it off the cam and i didn't see them wash back on the beach.

sharonkayak 02-20-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepdvr (Post 107949)

I think this person calls them personal floatation devices.

I also think this person probably should of stayed in the carribean, water temperature there 75 degrees.

sdfishin..alex 02-20-2012 11:45 AM

todays surf launch

hahaha yea man i took that wave straight on my mirage drive got stuck in the sand and i started getting pounded by the waves...i was soaked but i always bring a extra shirt and jacket....the landing was normal nothing like the morning

RK 02-21-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonkayak (Post 107957)
I think this person calls them personal floatation devices.

I also think this person probably should of stayed in the carribean, water temperature there 75 degrees.

Sharon bummer on the flipping, Hope you didnt lose any gear kid.
Eric your fricken hilarious I forgot about that.

Iceman 02-21-2012 02:48 PM

pansies. :paddleersmilie:

sharonkayak 02-21-2012 08:19 PM

I think I am going to stick with fishing the bay from now on.

watch out spotted bay bass