Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Year End 3 Day Blur PB WSB x2 plus 2 Large YT bycatch plus nada (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28184)

ctfphoto 02-03-2016 02:46 PM

Year End 3 Day Blur PB WSB x2 plus 2 Large YT bycatch plus nada

5 Attachment(s)
WOW!!!, 2015 was my best year ever in my life for fishing. The last three days of 2015 was absolutely the most fun I have ever had fishing with my buddies. Thanks Guys.

A little over a month ago there was what many consider a wide open WSB bite which turned into a wide open Yellowtail bite. I learned this information from my close fishing friends. I wanted to fish, but the swell was bigger than I wanted to battle. I always pick my days and the following day the swell was suppose to drop by half. Well, my buds where going out on the bigger swell day, so I said WTF I am in.

Three days before the new year we hit the beach an hour and a half before sunrise to big swells, oh great. I usually paddle my outback out thru the surf, but once before on a big swell day I used the peddles and knew I had to use them that day. It was very cold out and I wanted dry gear. I went thru the surf in shorts and got soaked. After I got through the waves I undress and redressed in all dry clothing and dry splash pants and parka. Yani looked over when I was naked and just laughed at me. Warm and toasty, I am now ready to fish.

We roll up to “the spot” and Matt has a WSB and Mikey a Yellowtail, sweet, sounds like it’s gunna be a good day. There are like 5 kayakers and one boat.

Drop down the market fresh squid wait 15 minutes and slam, I get hit by a freight train WSB. Fight it until it gives up and when I see color I am so stoked as I have wanted a Big WSB for a very long time.

I now have this about 40 pound WSB sitting in my lap and am asked if I want a photo of it. Of course I do. I get out my iPhone and hand to some girl to take my photo. Just as I am getting the fish up to pose for a photo, My pole (which I had re-baited and dropped down) goes slam, and I’m all no photo got to take this fish ….

…… a much bigger fish ……

Within 15 minutes (half hour of fishing) I have two huge WSB, joined the 40 pound club, and am beside myself. Big thick one 51.5 inches and over 40 pounds.

Saw many of my friends catch BIG fish that day. Super Fun. So good in fact, most of us decide to go the next day …..

The next day … more kayakers and more boats with noisy motors …..

Start to fish and one of my buddies hook up on two WSB at the same time and land both, Great job buddy. He then also catches two large yellowtail, just amazing.

I hook up and then feel the dreaded head shake. Dang stupid Large Yellow tail getting in the way as bycatch, LOL!!!

And Then another hookup and more headed head shaking ……

No more WSB for me…..

It was sooooo good and fun a couple of us decide to go a third day in a row. Asked the wife if I can go a third day in a row and of course she says why?

Third day ….. many many more boats as well as yaks.

I got the big skunk. still fun tho.

A wild three day blur of fishing and fun …… thanks agains guys for those days.

JeffB 02-03-2016 02:51 PM

Very nicely done, slobs!

ctfphoto 02-03-2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffB (Post 252707)
slobs!

Well that is an understatement !!!, LMAO

Getting up at three in the morning three days in a row will do that to ya.

eekamouse463 02-03-2016 07:37 PM

SHOW OFF

JK !!!!! :you_rock::you_rock::you_rock::wsb::wsb::wsb::you_ rock::you_rock:

kayakfisherman 02-03-2016 08:06 PM

Those were epic days!!!! I got a ton of video footage for the Belly.
So stoked to be part of it all! For a while there, it was one hook
up after the other--none stop. What a group of days.

Geno Machino 02-03-2016 08:09 PM

Like I told you on the beach on your second morning of blur...Awesome catches!!! :wsb::wsb:

Great work!!

Geno

ctfphoto 02-04-2016 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some Greek guy came by to hack up my smaller fish ......... to be seen at a later date on fishermansbelly.com

Deamon 02-04-2016 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like Yani cut the tip of his finger off...great job Chris!

Jim

ctfphoto 02-04-2016 11:15 AM

Thank you Jim.

You of course were a major factor in our inspirations ....

blitzburgh 02-04-2016 11:40 AM

Daaaaayyuuuummm! Nice! :cheers1:

summers in kuwait 02-04-2016 12:03 PM

Great post Chris! That was an epic bite.
I still need to get the on the water pics that Mikey took.
Congrats on the much deserved fish!

Ps I love that shirt!

Todd

kayakfisherman 02-04-2016 12:07 PM

Well Jim, that's what you get when you ask me for a tip.

Here's a tip: Work as hard as Jim does, and you too can
catch a butt load of fish!

DanaPT 02-04-2016 04:01 PM

oh wow. lots of good eats.

I need a wsb to check of the list.

nickc5 02-05-2016 11:06 AM

Awesome man. Every time I'm there, you're getting it in. SALTY VET!

pierreyaldo 02-07-2016 07:42 AM

hell yeah chris! awesome report