Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   the Green Halibut (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=21804)

addicted2sp33d 04-29-2014 06:47 AM

Nice fish! :you_rock: I think I would have pulled out my bait knife and started stabbing at that point... and probably punctured my hull (or myself) in the process.

That must have been a pretty big wave on your stern to make your kayak submarine like that. :eek:

Afran 04-29-2014 07:25 AM

EPIC

blitzburgh 04-29-2014 08:48 AM

Nice fish :cheers1: great ending lol

Hunter (The 80's Man) 04-29-2014 09:47 AM

I broke into a cold sweat and started having flashbacks when I saw you set that rod down!
NICE FISH:luxhello:

kayakfisherman 04-30-2014 12:17 PM

Great Vid!! Love the slow motion. Was it
still flopping in the frying pan??

Sully1 05-02-2014 09:13 AM

Great clip!!

Vikingj 05-04-2014 07:31 AM

Should change your name to "He who dances with Halis". Beautiful fish great video.

yakjoe 05-05-2014 08:58 AM

I did not see any green in the video white and brown but if it was green its the bad stuff fishing those ports are halibut some times come up with brown sand but green you should fish at night you my glow green I will try post video to night no fish but pounding sand bottom bouncing its been so windy I have videos on my facebook go pro style take a look

ful-rac 05-05-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakjoe (Post 192809)
I did not see any green in the video white and brown but if it was green its the bad stuff fishing those ports are halibut some times come up with brown sand but green you should fish at night you my glow green I will try post video to night no fish but pounding sand bottom bouncing its been so windy I have videos on my facebook go pro style take a look

I'm so glad your back yakjoe! I missed you!!! :luxhello:

jorluivil 05-05-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

:eek:

yakjoe 05-05-2014 09:59 AM

:luxhello::reel::reel::cheers1:

I would like to try a tournament some day on halibut and sea bass kayak only no boats it would be fun any coming up any time in the san pedro area!!!!!?????

Cbad Mike 05-05-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

X2.... My thoughts exactly!!!

yakjoe 05-05-2014 01:00 PM

This is a fishing post thoughts not your thoughts bad news were is your post on fishing stop trying to mooch on the fishing grounds find your hony hole then post so we can mooch lol if you brows throw the post looking and give no post :eek: :svengo: :paddleersmilie: away

YakDout 05-05-2014 01:03 PM

Post thoughts not your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yakjoe 05-05-2014 01:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have videos I will try up loading when i get home few pics bottom bouncing sand open waters lol :reel::reel: were is your posts NO thoughts posts !!!!!?????

momo fish 05-05-2014 01:39 PM

Joe, 2 questions

Where did you launch from?

You wear socks with water shoes?

yakjoe 05-05-2014 01:48 PM

LOL ya keep my feet worm-
santa barbara area UCSB area have to know the MLPA's over hear

Bert Vega 05-05-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakjoe (Post 192840)
This is a fishing post thoughts not your thoughts bad news were is your post on fishing stop trying to mooch on the fishing grounds find your hony hole then post so we can mooch lol if you brows throw the post looking and give no post :eek: :svengo: :paddleersmilie: away

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

makobob 05-05-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakjoe (Post 192819)
:luxhello::reel::reel::cheers1:

I would like to try a tournament some day on halibut and sea bass kayak only no boats it would be fun any coming up any time in the san pedro area!!!!!?????

Yakjoe, sir Tournament would be good. YOU set it up here under Other Tournaments and some of would love to fish it with you.
Momo fish, he probabally wears socks with water shoes like I have too, diabetes is tough on the feet so we need to keep them protected. Cuts and sores do not heal well, thats what happened to a lot of people in wheel chairs. OUCH.

momo fish 05-05-2014 02:04 PM

Bob, that's a good reason. I just bought water socks for that same reason. They roll up to your knees and protect against sun and water. Tried them on Sunday and loved them. Will buy a second pair now.