Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2012 12ft Pro Angler (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=13175)

lowprofile 04-11-2012 11:07 AM

2012 12ft Pro Angler

12ft model to be made public on the 15th.

i still want an original though.

jorluivil 04-11-2012 11:16 AM

I can't wait to see that thing........I'm might skip the upgrade on my FF and save up for the new PA. I hope Hobie doesn't disappoint

lowprofile 04-11-2012 11:20 AM

here's the thread. i was skeptical about it but it gets confirmed on the 2nd page.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/8435...ion-this-month

blitzburgh 04-11-2012 11:48 AM

Can't wait.

lbsurf2ca 04-11-2012 11:58 AM

Anyone want to buy a 2012 outback?

oneyedeer 04-11-2012 12:06 PM

oh maybe an outfitter with a PA layout :)

Baja_Traveler 04-11-2012 12:08 PM

So what we know so far is 1 foot 8 inches shorter, and a few inches narrower. That may make it slightly faster on the water, but I hope it is just as stable to stand in - that is the main purpose I'm saving for one. I want to fly fish out of it, and bowfish for carp up at the Big Bear carp shoot every June.

seriola_killer 04-11-2012 12:57 PM

Faster? Slightly. So if you opt to go with the shorter model you get to the yt grounds a whopping 22 seconds faster than the old PA.

Just as stable? Almost a guarantee that it will be stable, but nowhere as stable as the big one.

Love Hobie, but I am thinking this may be a model that doesn't have a place. But who knows, maybe the redesign will incorporate something so cool that it's worth it too the masses. At the very least, it will be lighter.

lowprofile 04-11-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seriola_kiler (Post 113736)
Faster? Slightly. So if you opt to go with the shorter model you get to the yt grounds a whopping 22 seconds faster than the old PA.

Just as stable? Almost a guarantee that it will be stable, but nowhere as stable as the big one.

Love Hobie, but I am thinking this may be a model that doesn't have a place. But who knows, maybe the redesign will incorporate something so cool that it's worth it too the masses. At the very least, it will be lighter.

hobies are selling everywhere. its not geared just towards the socal crowd. they use them on muskie lakes in the north, trout lakes in colorado, the flats in the florida keys and bays and estuaries all across America. im sure a 12ft, 20lbs lighter model will appeal to many people who dont need a big boat like the PA but wants the storage and comfort.

seriola_killer 04-11-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowprofile (Post 113737)
hobies are selling everywhere. its not geared just towards the socal crowd. they use them on muskie lakes in the north, trout lakes in colorado, the flats in the florida keys and bays and estuaries all across America. im sure a 12ft, 20lbs lighter model will appeal to many people who dont need a big boat like the PA but wants the storage and comfort.

Hobies are selling everywhere, true. My main skepticism is that it might be a bit of a square peg. What's the price point? If it's alot closer to the Outback, that's a no brainer. But then again, who in the hell will ever buy an outback again if that was the case?

If it's closer to price of the big PA, why not pay a tad more for more stability, storage, etc?

Either way, it's definitely worthy news, and I'm sure it will be quality!

As far as 20 lb's. lighter. I don't see that really being a major bone of contention. Even 20 lb's. lighter it's still heavy as hell. Put the wheels on and they weigh essentially the same.

JMHO. Love this site and the people who contribute to it.

jorluivil 04-11-2012 02:17 PM

Icemans comments:

Enter here

seriola_killer 04-11-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 113748)
Icemans comments:

Enter here

Every damn time I take a look at one of your posts and I see that Avatar I end up laughing my ass off. Classic!

jorluivil 04-11-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seriola_killer (Post 113751)
Every damn time I take a look at one of your posts and I see that Avatar I end up laughing my ass off. Classic!

glad you like it.....took me forever to get that killer body

Iceman 04-11-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Icemans comments:

Enter here
That's sounds crazy!

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0069_large.jpg

Old Man in the Sea 04-11-2012 03:36 PM

the new 2012 PA good news/ bad news...

Good news....It has a better seat and it is easier for Russian women to lift on to a truck rack....
Bad news...the yellowtail that you catch are are 1' 8" inches shorter...and after you bought the new PA and take it for a day of standup fishing you realize bigger is better...

bus kid 04-11-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Man in the Sea (Post 113760)
Bad news...the yellowtail that you catch are are 1' 8" inches shorter...

Wont a smaller boat make your fish look bigger?
I remember someone saying something about a mini PA, now where is that guy that digs up old threads?

here we go:
check out post #3

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=11394

driftwood 04-11-2012 05:52 PM

A lot of thought, design and engineering has been put into the new smaller PA. It was designed for easier loading. The smaller PA has been in the design stage for the last 3-4 years. How do I know this? Two years ago I met a Hobby designer here in San Diego and he gave me the scoop. Trust me you will not be disappointed.

Unfortunately I cannot disclose any other details as I promised until it is released. Personally, I still prefer the larger PA because of its speed and roominess. I love the large front hatch which is what really sold me. As far as speed is concernred, the Revolution will always be the fastest kayak, second will be the smaller PA and third is the larger PA.

jorluivil 04-11-2012 05:58 PM

Can't wait to see it. I'm hoping that if and when I buy one it will be stable enough for me to stand on it so that I can site fish for Halibut.

catchnfish 04-11-2012 06:11 PM

She will be mine. Oh, yes - she will be mine.

kobra 04-11-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 113778)
Can't wait to see it. I'm hoping that if and when I buy one it will be stable enough for me to stand on it so that I can site fish for Halibut.

That's what your ff is for,dummy! :D