Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Light Weight Hobie (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=33007)

makobob 06-01-2018 04:04 PM

Light Weight Hobie

After MUCH thought and because of the coming Halibut Tournament in San Quintin and my
September trip to Lake PowellI have decided on the Hobie i11s. It is light enough to get the
job done, yet strong enough to handle most fish I would expect to encounter. All I should
need to add would be a landing pad, a crate, a portable Fish Finder and a cart.

That should also let me fish locally as well as in Baja. Fully loaded I think I can keep the
weight down to 60 pounds. I will keep it here in north county so as to keep it out of the
heat as much as possible. It will take trips to Baja but return here. It comes with the 180
reverse drive which will be upgraded to turbo fins to use in the Compass too.

This will have to be my main toy at least until after I get my prostetic. Maybe forever. The
2 Solo's, Compass, paddle board and gregor will stay in mako-ville. The i11s will travel and
is light enough for me to launch alone. Hope to get my California licence and sea you all on
the water. Tight Lines amigos.

cris 06-01-2018 07:54 PM

My parents got a pair of i12S for the same reason a couple of years ago.
I'm visiting them in July and I'm going to install a transducer on the rudder of one and run the cable up on the top to a battery + waterproof box from OEX. I don't want to have an arm over the side to mess with so thats the best transducer option for me.

Good luck on your installation.

Chris

King Saba 06-01-2018 10:58 PM

What happened to the stealth evo?

makobob 06-01-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Saba (Post 293773)
What happened to the stealth evo?

If you are talking about my stealth, Baja-Traveler is the new owner.

flyfishinsteve64 06-02-2018 02:11 AM

Bob Did You Demo one of these? I would love to have one For the van just not sure about it in open water. The Bay, Lake Powell, Baja can get pretty rough. Seems to me this thing would plow in heavy water with water coming over the top and all. I may have to do a demo myself.

Oh Hunny I need another three grand for another boat. Will it ever end?? :rolleyes:

Can't take it with you $$$

Steve

makobob 06-02-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfishinsteve64 (Post 293775)
Bob Did You Demo one of these? I would love to have one For the van just not sure about it in open water. The Bay, Lake Powell, Baja can get pretty rough. Seems to me this thing would plow in heavy water with water coming over the top and all. I may have to do a demo myself.

Oh Hunny I need another three grand for another boat. Will it ever end?? :rolleyes:

Can't take it with you $$$

Steve

VERY many years ago a great man told be a boat in the water is just like a cork, as long as you do not hit something it will float forever. Steve I sea no problem with it on the water. All yaks can get wind blown or tossed around in the wind and waves. It was happened on every kayak and boat I have owned. Know your limitations and those of your craft. Whenever I put into the water I have a pre thought out safety plan. What happens if the wind changes, what would I do if the waves get bad, how do I get to shore if the drive goes south. No sir I do not worry about the boat. God forbid should it be my time, so be it, I have lived a full happy life. Better on the water then in a nurseing home. TightLines amigo.

captwoody 06-02-2018 11:01 AM

Bob I have the i11s if you want to test drive one let me know and I will meet you at mission bay or Oceanside harbor. I got mine for same reasons I belive it is a very good choice for people with physical challenges-Woody just pm me and I will give you my cell to hook up if you want to

makobob 06-02-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captwoody (Post 293783)
Bob I have the i11s if you want to test drive one let me know and I will meet you at mission bay or Oceanside harbor. I got mine for same reasons I belive it is a very good choice for people with physical challenges-Woody just pm me and I will give you my cell to hook up if you want to

Thanks Woody, mine will be ready for pickup in about a week. Tight Lines amigo. Sea you later.