Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LJ 7-18 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=22704)

sdmosch 07-19-2014 08:11 AM

LJ 7-18

1 Attachment(s)
Really slow out there... There was a lot of "good bait" but the fish had lock jaw. I did manage to find one not too smart yellow :sifone:

On another note I was prepping my fish(gut & gill into a Ziploc) on my way back to the Shores and I had a seal actually try to get in my yak a couple of times! The threat of smacking it in the head with my gaff sort of scared it off. :doh:

Silbaugh4liberty 07-19-2014 09:04 AM

Awesome! ! Nice fish, and way to scare off that rabid invasive pest!

Cbad Mike 07-19-2014 10:39 AM

Thanks for the report.
I was going to post my own but couldn't find a picture of a big enough skunk.
Greenies weren't the easiest to come by but findable.
I had 7 of them stolen by the dogs.
Congratulations on your fish.
:cheers1:

makobob 07-19-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbad Mike (Post 200764)
Thanks for the report.
I was going to post my own but couldn't find a picture of a big enough skunk.
Greenies weren't the easiest to come by but findable.
I had 7 of them stolen by the dogs.
Congratulations on your fish.
:cheers1:

Mike, would you PLEASE stop feeding the dogs. They seem to get lazier every year.

Widgeon 07-19-2014 07:39 PM

:luxhello:
Nice
I'm going to give it a go in the morning.

Silbaugh4liberty 07-19-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 200775)
Mike, would you PLEASE stop feeding the dogs. They seem to get lazier every year.

Speaking of that, how do you guys prevent them from stealing your bait? Do you use a treble on a trap hook on your mac? Also, do most of you guys troll a mac while throwing surface irons, waxwing and other hard lures?

467echo 07-19-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty (Post 200796)
Speaking of that, how do you guys prevent them from stealing your bait? Do you use a treble on a trap hook on your mac? Also, do most of you guys troll a mac while throwing surface irons, waxwing and other hard lures?

Best way to keep the dogs away is bring your bait in and wait for them to leave. Good time to eat lunch or have a beer:cheers1:

salty pirate 07-19-2014 08:31 PM

:iagree: and if you already had lunch just aim for the nearest pb.

Nice going on the YT!

Cbad Mike 07-20-2014 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 200775)

But they're so dam cute..........

makobob 07-20-2014 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbad Mike (Post 200809)
But they're so dam cute..........

Heck Mike, next you will be naming them and holding parties for them.

battleborn 07-20-2014 03:02 PM

Thanks for the report. Yes the knot heads can be a problem. Last few times I was out they would try to blow bubbles under my yak. several time after something pulled my drag i would reel in just the head of the mak I was trolling and see the dog swimming back a ways where I just trolled thru. I found just pick up and move out is the best non threatening bet. they will latch onto someone else if they have easy dinner for them. Nice pick on the yellow. Was at the ramps the other day and looks like the nine is where are the fish are. Seen several PB showed me some YFT prob 15-25 lbers caught on the long soak.