Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   anybody interested in the kelpbeds tomorrow sunday ? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25075)

Diaboluz 03-28-2015 04:31 PM

anybody interested in the kelpbeds tomorrow sunday ?

I kinda wanna fish the kelpbeds tomorrow. Anybody already going?

benichi 03-28-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diaboluz (Post 223657)

Swells are huge right now.. I hit them in dp today almost had me seasick.. really sucked 15 foot swells up and down... just an fyi.

Fishing was ok 6 ghosts biggest came in at 25 inches.. calicos and one shark bite didn't land him... smelt everywhere...

alanw 03-28-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benichi (Post 223673)
Swells are huge right now.. I hit them in dp today almost had me seasick.. really sucked 15 foot swells up and down... just an fyi.

Fishing was ok 6 ghosts biggest came in at 25 inches.. calicos and one shark bite didn't land him... smelt everywhere...

15 feet? That's got to be a typo, the biggest they got today was 4.6 feet at around 4:00. I went out at around 2:00 and fished the headlands till around 7:00. Totally beautiful out there, long period swells and the wind died down to almost nothing at 3:00. It was not choppy, perfect drifts, slow current, could have took a nap after eating lunch out there if it wasn't for the endless bite. Calicos, barracuda, and had to work hard to keep the macs off the Waxwing. Trolled macs home for no bites though.

Might head out tomorrow afternoon too, try out some new plastics I got.

bmercury 03-28-2015 10:17 PM

15ft? maybe somewhere offshore from alaska!

Silbaugh4liberty 03-28-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benichi (Post 223673)

6 ghosts is an ok day? I'd like to see you on a good day! Limits yt on the kayak??

surfisher 03-29-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty (Post 223686)
6 ghosts is an ok day? I'd like to see you on a good day! Limits yt on the kayak??

Haha! I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like he had a lot of action which makes it an excellent day. Definitely not 15ft swells though, I'd say maybe 4.

benichi 03-29-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 223675)
15 feet? That's got to be a typo, the biggest they got today was 4.6 feet at around 4:00. I went out at around 2:00 and fished the headlands till around 7:00. Totally beautiful out there, long period swells and the wind died down to almost nothing at 3:00. It was not choppy, perfect drifts, slow current, could have took a nap after eating lunch out there if it wasn't for the endless bite. Calicos, barracuda, and had to work hard to keep the macs off the Waxwing. Trolled macs home for no bites though.

Might head out tomorrow afternoon too, try out some new plastics I got.

sorry suppose to say 5 i was on my phone..

i never saw your yak out there on Saturday matter in fact i fish the headlands alone from 8am till 230pm all the other yakers stayed over by the mouth..

so i dont know what your talking about. only a couple of boats even came out..

the swells were huge

i video my trips and the only people i saw was at the mouth and in the harbor. a couple yakers came out of the mouth when i was starting my why over to the headlands they were trolling crankbaits other than that i have no idea where you were. in less your just taking crap other than that were werent out there

huge swells and wind chop almost the whole day

alanw 03-29-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benichi (Post 223740)
sorry suppose to say 5 i was on my phone..

i never saw your yak out there on Saturday matter in fact i fish the headlands alone from 8am till 230pm all the other yakers stayed over by the mouth..

so i dont know what your talking about. only a couple of boats even came out..

the swells were huge

i video my trips and the only people i saw was at the mouth and in the harbor. a couple yakers came out of the mouth when i was starting my why over to the headlands they were trolling crankbaits other than that i have no idea where you were. in less your just taking crap other than that were werent out there

huge swells and wind chop almost the whole day

I launched at around 2:00, got to the headlands probably around 3:00. Had the place to mostly to myself, with only a few small craft around. I passed up someone on an orange/red yak on the way out, probably was you. I was in closer to the rock jetty, trolling the rock line, you were out deeper maybe 1/2 mile out. But, you didn't see me so maybe I wasn't out there?

5 foot waves are nothing when it's 18-20 second period like it was. I've been out there in decent waves wind and chop, trust me, that was a beautiful relatively calm day out. Maybe it seemed worse because you were getting sick, or because you aren't used to it? Or, I may just be talking crap.

captnblood34 03-29-2015 03:21 PM

Subscribed

corpsmanusn2001 03-29-2015 03:44 PM

Agree to disagree?

benichi 03-29-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 223749)
I launched at around 2:00, got to the headlands probably around 3:00. Had the place to mostly to myself, with only a few small craft around. I passed up someone on an orange/red yak on the way out, probably was you. I was in closer to the rock jetty, trolling the rock line, you were out deeper maybe 1/2 mile out. But, you didn't see me so maybe I wasn't out there?

5 foot waves are nothing when it's 18-20 second period like it was. I've been out there in decent waves wind and chop, trust me, that was a beautiful relatively calm day out. Maybe it seemed worse because you were getting sick, or because you aren't used to it? Or, I may just be talking crap.

i was out closer to the red buoy in the deeper kelp

StinkyMatt 03-29-2015 05:23 PM

I was there....did not see either one of you guys....

I have pictures to prove it.

FISH11 03-29-2015 05:28 PM

You must be bored, Matt. How deep is the snow!

Diaboluz 03-29-2015 06:39 PM

Lots of hostility. I ended up going to the boat show and i bought some new plastics.

benichi 03-29-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diaboluz (Post 223772)
Lots of hostility. I ended up going to the boat show and i bought some new plastics.

i just think people are giving info from reading a web site and not actually being out there. i left dana at 445pm and the wind was kicking pretty good and getting worst..

anyway he can post what ever he wants just didnt think it was cool to try to clown on someone when his info is way off!

easyday 03-29-2015 10:46 PM

Not to butt in at all buuuuuttttttt, Alan does fish Dana like what 9 days a week?

rossman 03-30-2015 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diaboluz (Post 223657)

Hey Diaboluz
You are reasonably new here but try not to start a thread on such a controversial subject. 😂

ful-rac 03-30-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 223807)
Hey Diaboluz
You are reasonably new here but try not to start a thread on such a controversial subject. ��

At least he didn't call them kelp paddies....:p