Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Goodbye to Leo (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=21784)

jgoertz 04-27-2014 08:31 AM

Goodbye to Leo

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Fellow BWE Friends,

It's with a sad heart that we share the news of Leo Terrero's passing yesterday morning. Leo had been battling cancer for the last couple of years.

He was a LJ kayak fisherman and good friend to many of us and will surely be missed.

There will be a service to say good bye to him and details will be posted when available.

Rest in Peace Leo. You will be missed!

William Novotny 04-27-2014 08:34 AM

Oh wow. I never met him personally but knew of him through this forum. Rest in peace. Prayers and thoughts to him and his family.

bus kid 04-27-2014 08:50 AM

Prayers to his family.

dorado50 04-27-2014 08:54 AM

Sad for me to hear this news. He motivated me often with his expertise and enthuiasium on the water. I will miss him.........

HELLSTER INC. 04-27-2014 08:54 AM

RIP fellow yak fisher. Prayers and thoughts to him and his family.

dfroggy54 04-27-2014 09:07 AM

Wow..rest in peace to a great fisherman and great person. He will be missed dearly. Wont ever forget Leo and his wonderful personality.

driftwood 04-27-2014 09:08 AM

OH NO!!! Last time i saw Leo was on feb 22. He was walking with his wife at La Jolla Shores enjoying the sunset. He was telling me that the tax payers paid way too much for the life guard tower.

He was very positive that day and said, "I will back in my kayak real soon again"

Sorry to hear about his passing away. Leo was a good man :(

Chuck D 04-27-2014 09:14 AM

I knew Leo well, he was enthusiastic, fun to talk to, positive and above all a good hearted friend. He will be missed, I will always picture him in his small fish and dive with a White Seabass almost bigger then the kayak, what a sight. If he wasn't on the water he would be hiding out at the shores checking on the daily catch. RIP my friend.

buttchaser 04-27-2014 09:15 AM

So sad to hear this!
I've always enjoyed talking to leo when i was in town , he was always fun to chat with, He was a skilled competitive fisherman.. Tight lines my friend.

Workplacesafety 04-27-2014 09:33 AM

R.I.P.

El-Santo 04-27-2014 09:33 AM

So Sad for me and my family to hear this news. He motivated me I will miss him. Sorry to hear about his passing away.
RIP my friend

RK 04-27-2014 09:34 AM

I'm very sorry to read that!
The last time I saw Leo he was at point Loma seafoods with his family
And friends, he's a hell of a nice guy.
Always smiling and always stoked on fishing.
Really sorry to hear about his passing if his family reads this my sincerest
Condolences go out to his family he will be missed around la jolla

bellcon 04-27-2014 09:37 AM

Sad
One of the good guys for sure.
RIP Leo

steveooo 04-27-2014 10:42 AM

Very sad news.

I'l never forget the first time I met Leo. I had just landed at the shores, and he landed right after me a little further down the beach. He walks over to me, covered head to toe in blood, lugging a nice size yellowtail, smiling ear to ear, and wearing nothing but a speedo.

Every time after that I saw Leo, whether he had a yellowtail or had been skunked, he still had that grin from ear to ear (and frequently the speedo). Truly a man that enjoyed life and lived it to its fullest.

Rest in peace bother :cheers1:

kayakfisherman 04-27-2014 10:59 AM

Hope You Catch Lots of Fish in Heaven...

http://vimeo.com/93078202

erinoo 04-27-2014 11:19 AM

A good man indeed. I will miss seeing him and talking with the Leo...RIP my friend.

makobob 04-27-2014 11:31 AM

Goodby Leo. RIP.

wade 04-27-2014 11:40 AM

Safe Passage..

The Jewel will not be the same again without the frequent sightings of good ol’ Leopoldo..:(

An extremely gifted & talented man. I have had the pleasure of many a good times out & about with Leo. Extremely kind & generous soul who loved the ocean and cooking up EVERY piece of fish he caught, so much so, that he even asked for my yt or wsb heads for his famous Sancocho soups. Leo would share that, the recipes, recent fish action and anything else within his arms reach for you. A true gent around these parts!..:you_rock:
Here is a short video he shot of me on one of many fishing excursions over the years..This one was over at Blacks. He frequented that part of the canyon & the Torrey artificial reef whenever the pressure would get thick..
Flying your plane high over Venezuela right about now with your speedo..:eek:
Heres to you Leo! :cheers1:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MG0ByQcyWbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i59.tinypic.com/a2ghvm.jpg

wbrewski 04-27-2014 12:15 PM

I never meet the man, but read some of his post, he will be missed. RIP

dmrides 04-27-2014 04:44 PM

Very sad to hear it. Leo was one of the most genuine guys I have met on the water and certainly the most stoked. RIP good man.