Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Expensive LJ Lesson (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=26337)

SailorDave 07-23-2015 10:52 AM

Expensive LJ Lesson

So the elation I had this morning after landing my first kayak YT (25.5#), was seriously dampened when I got home and found that someone had stolen my dry bag out of the kayak when I was off getting the car. Yup some Assh&1e, opened the center hatch, lifted out the tackle box, and then pulled out the dry bag (with fish finder, VHF, wallet and fishing licenses), and then replaced the box and closed the hatch. SonofaBi%ch!

If anyone happens to find a green drybag around the launch area with anything left in it please let me know.

Thanks

DESTROYER 07-23-2015 10:56 AM

Lame! Maybe the LJ Camera at the launch has a recording of the SOB. Might be worth looing into. Sorry about your loss.

For future...I used to take anything not bolted down to my car with me when I picked it up. Especially during the summer. Lots of A Holes and Thieves at the beach!

FlyinRyan 07-23-2015 10:57 AM

That sucks man! Congrats on the first kayak yellowtail though.

blitzburgh 07-23-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESTROYER (Post 234806)
For future...I used to take anything not bolted down to my car with me when I picked it up. Especially during the summer. Lots of A Holes and Thieves at the beach!

This ^^^^ Plus I will greet a fellow yaker if I don't see anyone I know and ask them to watch my chit while I run to get the ride. Most will have your back. Getting stuff jacked sucks donkey balls.

spicolly 07-23-2015 11:17 AM

That sucks, and I worry about that happening all the time. I take my wallet and FF with me to the car. Also, I tend to ask fellow yakkers on the beach to watch my stuff until I get back, then return the favor...so far, this has worked well. Sorry to hear about your loss.

jorluivil 07-23-2015 11:27 AM

Maybe iceman or adi can pull the video from the webcam

h2ofishfo 07-23-2015 11:34 AM

Isn't the camera feed down been checking it haven't seen jack

Zed 07-23-2015 11:57 AM

^Coincidence?
Inside job!

I hate hearing this. Theres so many people around and still some slimy jackhole still thinks its ok to go pokin around other peoples stuff. Never ceases to disgust me.

da22y 07-23-2015 12:09 PM

I am gonna bring a big cheap backpak, take most of the expensive staff with me to the truck next time.

Really sad to see this happen, I am gonna take my fishfinder off the kayak as well.

they are as bad as seal , they steal !

driftwood 07-23-2015 12:46 PM

I have a hunch the thief also knew the camera has been down.

so go figure.....:toetap05:

cabojohn 07-23-2015 12:47 PM

X2 - do NOT leave anything of value on OR inside your kayak...even on the sands of La Jolla. Carry it with you to the car!

Scandalous people suck and they are for sure looking for ANY opportunity!

* Time for a good old fashion LJ sting and beat down? :confused:

octico 07-23-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabojohn (Post 234825)
X2 - do NOT leave anything of value on OR inside your kayak...even on the sands of La Jolla. Carry it with you to the car!

Scandalous people suck and they are for sure looking for ANY opportunity!

* Time for a good old fashion LJ sting and beat down? :confused:

I am really sorry for your loss. Damn that Sucks!!

John if you needs some muscle I can round up my posse, Jaime he's a real tough guy so tough he refused to join TeamSewer. Kevin tough ex-military guy (never catches fish). I was going to offer up Jesse but he's a Navy boy.

Zed 07-23-2015 01:18 PM

Ive got access to an antique bear trap that still works.
Might be interesting.

AirborneYak 07-23-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 234826)

John if you needs some muscle I can round up my posse, Jaime he's a real tough guy so tough he refused to join TeamSewer. Kevin tough ex-military guy (never catches fish). I was going to offer up Jesse but he's a Navy boy.

Your posse sounds scary!

AirborneYak 07-23-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDave (Post 234803)
So the elation I had this morning after landing my first kayak YT (25.5#), was seriously dampened when I got home and found that someone had stolen my dry bag out of the kayak when I was off getting the car. Yup some Assh&1e, opened the center hatch, lifted out the tackle box, and then pulled out the dry bag (with fish finder, VHF, wallet and fishing licenses), and then replaced the box and closed the hatch. SonofaBi%ch!

If anyone happens to find a green drybag around the launch area with anything left in it please let me know.

Thanks

I hate thieves. Sorry this happened to you and I hope the thieving assholes gets caught.

Iceman 07-23-2015 01:37 PM

Just maybe........ the bag slid back inside the hull when you loaded up. Can't believe somebody had that big cajones. If not truly shitty thing to have happen.

monstahfish 07-23-2015 01:41 PM

I like the sting idea. Let's get em. I hate thieves:the_finger:to that scumbag.

Silbaugh4liberty 07-23-2015 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 234826)

I can help! John might be too tired from wrestling some big fish!

Congrats on the yellow, and I really hope you get your stuff back.
Attachment 16181

Mr. NiceGuy 07-23-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzburgh (Post 234811)
Getting stuff jacked sucks donkey balls.

I seriously loathe people who steal things. I find that low-life mentality hard to fathom.

BUTT HAY --- I have another idea: Since your tackle box was still in place, is it possible that your dry bag shifted locations in the hull?

In my Outback, on multiple occasions, I have put things in any of the three hatches and they have vanished, only to wash out with a whoosh of water at another time.

Things have a tendency to get stuck in weird areas of the inside of the hull, even when I try to crank my neck around the corners to look for them visually. There are blind spots I can't see or reach with my arms.

The easiest way to knock things out that I have "lost" is when I have a few gallons of water at either end, and slosh it back and forth. My flip-flops, lunch box, grapefruits rolling around, etc., show up like magic at one end or the other.

I hope you find your things.

EDIT: Sorry Iceman -- I responded before I got to your post. I should finish reading threads before I start blabbing. It's typical.

skrilla 07-23-2015 01:48 PM

Post up exactly what you had. Idiots have posted hot items and have gotten caught on here before.