Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   BAJA or BUST 2017 Trips (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=26922)

makobob 11-30-2016 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfman (Post 272282)
I'm sorry to hear that your foot is still giving you a hard time!I suggest you take it very serious and do what you have to the first time. Are you able to do the new year trip? I would like to get more info about mag bay trip. I am thinking about taking my boat down....who is organizing this trip/who should I talk to? If I go I can take 1 other guy!

CONTACT BREW, he is still going.

makobob 03-05-2017 01:16 PM

UPDATES

Just added Gonzaga on the FLY and MAG BAY TRIPS, also if you have dates for a trip YOU would like added please contact me. Thanks. Tight Lives.

Denis_Ruso 06-02-2017 02:26 PM

Hey Bob,

I was hoping to do a birthday trip to Gonzaga in the beginning of September with a couple of friends. September 2-9th if you would be ok with us camping out at your place. Trip would be open to anyone.

This is a perfect opportunity over Labor Day weekend to only take 4 days off work and get 8 days in Paradise.

makobob 06-02-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 280483)
Hey Bob,

I was hoping to do a birthday trip to Gonzaga in the beginning of September with a couple of friends. September 2-9th if you would be ok with us camping out at your place. Trip would be open to anyone.

This is a perfect opportunity over Labor Day weekend to only take 4 days off work and get 8 days in Paradise.

I do have a private group there at that time but should not be a problem Howeven it would not be open to others as that might overcrowd it. Set it up with your group and let me know. Thanks.

Denis_Ruso 07-05-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 280488)
I do have a private group there at that time but should not be a problem Howeven it would not be open to others as that might overcrowd it. Set it up with your group and let me know. Thanks.

Looks like we are a go for Sept 2-9. It's a total of 4 of us and possibly a 5th.

If it ends up being a bit crowded, we'll try our luck at Papa Fernandez/Alfonsinas for a few days as well.

Drift421 07-08-2017 11:44 AM

Interested in gonzaga bay

Hey there makobob I'm new to this site and I see you do a gonzaga bay trip. My brother and I are both avid yak fishermen and have been wanting to fish baja for sometime now. Iv just started doing some research and came across your YouTube videos. I'd love to tag along on one of these trips. Can you send some info? Thanks

makobob 07-15-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift421 (Post 282472)
Hey there makobob I'm new to this site and I see you do a gonzaga bay trip. My brother and I are both avid yak fishermen and have been wanting to fish baja for sometime now. Iv just started doing some research and came across your YouTube videos. I'd love to tag along on one of these trips. Can you send some info? Thanks

Next scheduled trips to Gonzaga are in September and October. Pm me for specifics.

cobra 09-03-2017 11:47 AM

Any new info on trips down there this or next month.

makobob 09-03-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra (Post 285445)
Any new info on trips down there this or next month.

I have posts running on Gonzaga on the fly, for October, Asuncion, thanksgiving with Rossman in November and Mag Bay 26 December thru 7 Jan 2018. I have not set up any trips for 2018 yet.

So if you have a set of dates you want to be in camp, let me know and I will get set up, if you want a trip to a different location, let me know and will see what we can do.

Usually in October I will post the times I will be in Gonzaga and let the community know and you can sign up to follow me to paradise. I will also post trips to other destinations. San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay and places in between like Canpo Rene, Abreajos, punta Quebrada, punta Eugenia, punts Baja, punta Final are areas I've been to in the lasr few years. Where do you want to plan a trip to? 2018 is open to suggestions NOW.

greenscales 09-03-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 285452)
I have posts running on Gonzaga on the fly, for October, Asuncion, thanksgiving with Rossman in November and Mag Bay 26 December thru 7 Jan 2018. I have not set up any trips for 2018 yet.

So if you have a set of dates you want to be in camp, let me know and I will get set up, if you want a trip to a different location, let me know and will see what we can do.

Usually in October I will post the times I will be in Gonzaga and let the community know and you can sign up to follow me to paradise. I will also post trips to other destinations. San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay and places in between like Canpo Rene, Abreajos, punta Quebrada, punta Eugenia, punts Baja, punta Final are areas I've been to in the lasr few years. Where do you want to plan a trip to? 2018 is open to suggestions NOW.

How are the road conditions after the storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makobob 09-03-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenscales (Post 285474)
How are the road conditions after the storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To our place ok, further south maybe another day or two, there are damaged roads and washouts so travel will be slower in some areas. Expect to see more animals on the roads, not a time to drive after dark.

Glenlivinit 09-04-2017 06:25 AM

December

I am interested in the Mag Bay trip, looking forward to October!
I posted on Mako Ville site- if you need any help with repairs, additions, whatever, let me know and I will be happy to bring some tools and materials for you ! Doitguy Handyman :)

makobob 09-04-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenlivinit (Post 285476)
I posted on Mako Ville site- if you need any help with repairs, additions, whatever, let me know and I will be happy to bring some tools and materials for you ! Doitguy Handyman :)

Will be good to have you on board for both trips. Will talk latter, as today I get loaded to leave for Gonzaga tonight, tight lines and welcome to paradise.

stevie951 09-05-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenlivinit (Post 285476)

Nice first post :luxhello::notworthy::cheers1: