Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Any one collect vintage gear? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10233)

Handymansd 05-12-2011 07:54 PM

Any one collect vintage gear?

I have a number of small antique conventional reels that have come into my possession...

Some work some don't...

The newest one is a penn 85, (needs a spool side end cap). Then there are a couple from the early 1960's or late 50's; a Shakespeare criterion, an ideal, and a couple of others that I do not know what they are, even an old metal fly reel (freewheels better than my Avets!)

I also have a simple small lake rod and an old octagonal wooden rod or maybe an outrigger with Colorado printed on it. These are all pretty cool but I have no room to be a collecter.

If you or someone you know is a collector of vintage gear...

danjor 05-12-2011 08:49 PM

I have a old pen 3/0 from that era would have been in perfict condition but I used it last year once. Still have the box with steel reinforcements on it and all the paperwork that went with it. I got it as a present 2 years ago and it was never opened. Supriseing the reel lube that was in there has a experation date. Expired in 1965 haha Love that reel still is the best reel I have ever used.

Billy V 05-12-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handymansd (Post 83606)
I have a number of small antique conventional reels that have come into my possession...

Some work some don't...

The newest one is a penn 85, (needs a spool side end cap). Then there are a couple from the early 1960's or late 50's; a Shakespeare criterion, an ideal, and a couple of others that I do not know what they are, even an old metal fly reel (freewheels better than my Avets!)

I also have a simple small lake rod and an old octagonal wooden rod or maybe an outrigger with Colorado printed on it. These are all pretty cool but I have no room to be a collecter.

If you or someone you know is a collector of vintage gear...

You still got that old 30-60 Kencor Magnaglass rod ? I bought your Seeker Mexican series - and it has wacked some nice fish since - in Mexico no less.

Handymansd 05-14-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 83614)
You still got that old 30-60 Kencor Magnaglass rod ? I bought your Seeker Mexican series - and it has wacked some nice fish since - in Mexico no less.

Hey Billy, I sold all of my other rods including the KenCor. I am really stoked that the Mexican series that you bought is still slaying fish. It was... or is a good rod! :cheers1:

The Vintage reels and rods that I have are a lot older: 50's and 60's. I have a box of misc lures from the same era. Is no one interested in these?