Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   where do you store you kayak? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10468)

lowprofile 06-06-2011 06:16 PM

where do you store you kayak?

I'm moving to Oceanside and dont have any storage place for the yak and dont want to drive an hour and a half back to rancho to get it just to drive back to the beach. storage units are $100 and up for a 5x15 unit, anyone know the going rate for some space at the marina? i've seen conoes and kayaks on shelves in covers so i know they offer space.

mtnbykr2 06-07-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowprofile (Post 85879)
I'm moving to Oceanside and dont have any storage place for the yak and dont want to drive an hour and a half back to rancho to get it just to drive back to the beach. storage units are $100 and up for a 5x15 unit, anyone know the going rate for some space at the marina? i've seen conoes and kayaks on shelves in covers so i know they offer space.

Dana Hobie/Jet ski stores yaks, sounded reasonable when I was there for their tournament last month, right in the marina:reel:

fishsouthcounty 06-07-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 (Post 85910)
Dana Hobie/Jet ski stores yaks, sounded reasonable when I was there for their tournament last month, right in the marina:reel:

Then hes only gotta drive...30-40 minutes to pick up his yak....or just always fish dana. Anyway, id say you should be able to find dry storage within the harbor. Problem is if its anything like it is in DP, its just Kayaks stacked on racks and the only protection from the sunshine is if you happen to be like a bottom middle kayak. Otherwise their is no covering like a tarp or whatever so many of the kayaks take quite a beating from the sunshine.

Siebler 06-07-2011 10:38 AM

We have storage at OEX Mission Bay now, 10 minutes to LJ....

blitzburgh 06-07-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siebler (Post 85928)

How much is storage? What hours is it accessible?

lowprofile 06-07-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siebler (Post 85928)

ya, how much is it? MB isnt that far of a drive from Pendleton and i plan on hittin LJ as much as i can down there.

bus kid 06-07-2011 06:52 PM

Pendleton, 21 area has a marina next to the AVTB, might want to ask around down there if there is a place to keep it.

Siebler 06-08-2011 07:27 AM

Storage here is 35/month and is accessible 24/7 as you will get a code to the gate. It works out pretty well, weve got 2 Xfactors stored here along with a bunch of rec kayaks, ton of SUP's and even my T160 is in there.