Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   6/19 LJ YT (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10587)

DONIGAN 06-20-2011 10:42 AM

6/19 LJ YT

2 Attachment(s)
Its been a LOOOOONG time since I joined the weekend fleet - glad I did:reel:

Found out that if you Camo yourself in a Garibaldi hat it fools the yellows....

tagyak 06-20-2011 10:55 AM

nice hat, oh ya that fish isn't too bad either!!! :p
congrats, it seems like there were alot of yellows caught yesterday glad to see that you were one of them. :reel:

-scallywag- 06-20-2011 11:09 AM

nice fish!!!

I fished this am, not alot of boats out thanks to the lack of online reports :rolleyes:....

conditions where nice and macks where easy to make, but no action to speak of, just a few yaker milling around....totally bummed I missed them again!!!

dos ballenas 06-20-2011 11:09 AM

Nice fish... I'm glad your number came up.

I wouldn't say a lot of yellows were caught yesterday.

There were around 50 kayaks and 30 boats in a 200 yard area which equates to at least 200 baited hooks in the water.

For all those hooks I saw maybe 10 yellows caught. Do the math...

I wonder how many kayaks will be out there tomorrow!?!

Internet reports killed the fishing!

theluckypig 06-20-2011 11:19 AM

:cheers1:

pchen911 06-20-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos ballenas (Post 87091)

What internet reports?

I'd like to know what sites are doing the reporting. There hasn't been any reports of active bite or the bait situation on this site for a while. Nor have I seen any on the other sites I have been visiting.

I use this site regularly, and I still found myself as the only person on the water with the wrong bait rig.

At first I thought the crowd was just the "Fathers Day weekend crowd", but I soon realized most out there knew exactly what was going on with the bite and baits, and they certainly didn't get their information from internet reports. Maybe there are just a lot of "insiders" nowadays.

Regor 06-20-2011 11:55 AM

Nice :yt:

....... as for the hat .... Well .... you don't have to worry about getting shot :)

addicted2sp33d 06-20-2011 01:04 PM

Always looking for something to help hook more fish... I might have to try that Garibaldi camo next time... :cool:

Nice :yt:

tagyak 06-20-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

There were around 50 kayaks and 30 boats in a 200 yard area which equates to at least 200 baited hooks in the water.

oh ya, i guess when you are one of the ten then it always seems like a lot of them were catching. saw lots of pb'rs with multiple yellows too.

regards to the internet killing fishing??? again saw lots of hook ups and the fish still needs to eat.......:rolleyes: maybe the yellows and wsb should take a look at the internet so that they get that message.:confused:

wiredantz 06-20-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

10 Yellows... i don't think so :D

StinkyMatt 06-20-2011 04:26 PM

Middle of June

Flat ocean

Sunny by 6am

Bait change

No posts on BWE

....lets give the other people some credit, the power boaters or kayakers, people can figure it out.:)

roadx 06-20-2011 04:30 PM

LOL nice fish :cheers1: congrats on being 1 of the 10 :rolleyes: camo worked great!

dos ballenas 06-20-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiredantz (Post 87116)
10 Yellows... i don't think so :D

thats my story and I'm sticking to it :D

no internet reports? then what is this?

pchen911 06-20-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos ballenas (Post 87148)
no internet reports? then what is this?

Most of the people I saw seem to already know more than what is on the internet reports. At least more than what is reported on this site.

So I tend to think most people out there know what they know because they put in their time on the water. Or at least knows someone who did.

I don't like crowds either, but I really haven't notice any increase or decrease in the number of people out there from 5 or 6 years ago when there were a number of detailed reports posted almost daily on Sammons site.

bus kid 06-21-2011 05:27 AM

The Internet is the Modern day equivalent of radio fishing. Don't believe everything you read... :the_finger:

Tandem Assassin 06-21-2011 06:33 AM

Local Code

Just like birds flying south for the winter. LJ water goes flat, temperature starts to rise, no post for 5 days. It's going off.....:sifone:

Hypoxic1 06-21-2011 06:58 AM

Back to Donigans thread folks....

Nice fish. That was an exticing day for several of us.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!:cheers1:
:sifone:

DONIGAN 06-21-2011 08:20 AM

Thanks Hypoxic, roadx, dos ballenas, tagyak... Looking forward to a good inshore and offshore year. The debate rolls on, do you, should you report online:confused: Even though I rarely post reports, I enjoy it when people do... It reminds me of the age old T-Shark debate, Large, Small, Male, Female, this time of year, that time of year:)....

roby 06-21-2011 01:46 PM

The rules are simple:

trout, tilapia, bluegill, bat ray = safe to report

wsb, yellowtail = not safe to report

* Nice fish by the way...