Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Southern California Halibut Hunting... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12137)

The Freediver 12-13-2011 01:37 AM

Southern California Halibut Hunting...

A little vid of some of the halibut I was lucky enough to encounter this year (2011) I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcjX2t5UIEY

coxtanker421 12-13-2011 05:56 AM

tasty morsels

good compilation. happy hunting. :notworthy:

jorluivil 12-13-2011 06:00 AM

Pretty cool video. Its amazing how well they're able to hide in the sand.

ashmoz 12-13-2011 06:20 AM

Niceeee :cheers1:

mtnbykr2 12-13-2011 06:29 AM

Interesting video, thanks for sharin, now we know what they look like
and what they are doing before they rake our baits...itis pretty cool how they hide, and do such a great job at it, :reel:

The Freediver 12-13-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 (Post 102513)
Interesting video, thanks for sharin, now we know what they look like
and what they are doing before they rake our baits...itis pretty cool how they hide, and do such a great job at it, :reel:

A hook and line guy for years and I have thought many times how much my diving could improve the R&R for me but have never looked back too much. I'll probably start again more oftern after the end of the year.

yaky yak 12-13-2011 07:46 AM

Great video! They are masters of the ambush. I think I would of never even notice them if you hadn't of flushed out.
Is that a yellowtail 1:03 minuets into the video?
Thanks for sharing your video.

The Freediver 12-13-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaky yak (Post 102521)
Great video! They are masters of the ambush. I think I would of never even notice them if you hadn't of flushed out.
Is that a yellowtail 1:03 minuets into the video?
Thanks for sharing your video.

Haha, nah just a rubberlip or some perch.

Holy Mackerel 12-13-2011 08:41 AM

That is just from this year? :eek: Nice work! :notworthy:

The Freediver 12-13-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Mackerel (Post 102534)
That is just from this year? :eek: Nice work! :notworthy:

God's been good to me.

blitzburgh 12-13-2011 09:12 AM

Great video! And unfortunately, probably true statement at the end too.:doh:

DESTROYER 12-13-2011 09:47 AM

You've been eating well this year. Nice vid:cheers1:

eertkao 12-13-2011 11:14 AM

cool video! Thanks for sharing:luxhello:

taggermike 12-13-2011 03:46 PM

Great vid and thanks for posting. I noticed you use both a gun and a pole spear. Is it a visability thing or another preference? I started with a polespear and then went to a gun thinking it would be better. I ended up going back to the PS after taking many point blank shots and breaking the closed muzzle on my gun as well as breaking points when the hali was over rock. Mike

GregAndrew 12-13-2011 04:03 PM

Very kwel video. I am tempted more and more to get back into diving if only for study purposes of my main target.

The Kid 12-13-2011 07:05 PM

Man you put together awesome videos! Can you try feeding one of them suckers by hand that would be the craziest material ever! Again awesome.

The Freediver 12-14-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taggermike (Post 102588)
Great vid and thanks for posting. I noticed you use both a gun and a pole spear. Is it a visability thing or another preference? I started with a polespear and then went to a gun thinking it would be better. I ended up going back to the PS after taking many point blank shots and breaking the closed muzzle on my gun as well as breaking points when the hali was over rock. Mike

Thanks for the comments. I use a pole spear from time to time but especially when day bug diving. I use a 100 ft floatline so I can drop my pole spear and use it if needed too. I also use it to mark holes when diving surgy or deep and dirty water so I don't lose the hole.

Open muzzle gun is the only way for halibut too. I've shot them with big enclosed track guns too for the same crap.

Man I love diving.

radastaff 12-19-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Freediver (Post 102694)
Thanks for the comments. I use a pole spear from time to time but especially when day bug diving. I use a 100 ft floatline so I can drop my pole spear and use it if needed too. I also use it to mark holes when diving surgy or deep and dirty water so I don't lose the hole.

Open muzzle gun is the only way for halibut too. I've shot them with big enclosed track guns too for the same crap.

Man I love diving.

looks like alot of fun
thanks for sharing the vid
tis a great one