Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ff problem (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=17554)

Biggameaddict 03-30-2013 04:46 PM

Ff problem

Today i had a problem with my fishfinder. Its an eagle cuda 350 and this is what happened. I would turn the unit on and it would operate good for about 20 seconds then the light would slowly dim and the unit would turn off. It wouldnt turn on after it dimmed away until i waited a few minutes then turned it on again and the same thing would happen. Any suggestions?

Jimmyz123 03-30-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggameaddict (Post 152178)
Today i had a problem with my fishfinder. Its an eagle cuda 350 and this is what happened. I would turn the unit on and it would operate good for about 20 seconds then the light would slowly dim and the unit would turn off. It wouldnt turn on after it dimmed away until i waited a few minutes then turned it on again and the same thing would happen. Any suggestions?

Check your battery. If that's not it then sounds like the unit may be going out.

StinkyMatt 03-30-2013 07:11 PM

Battery

echo1er 03-30-2013 08:19 PM

check battery... check connections ... make sure FF is dry ...

steveooo 03-30-2013 08:53 PM

Here is some good advice from an old timer. I can call him an old timer because he doesn't read the board much...and he is old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grego
It's a pretty simple concept with fish finders. It needs power to turn on and off. Therefore, check all things related to power going from the battery to the fish finder, for example wires must be good, battery charged, connections to battery and fish finder good, and connector receptacles at the battery and fish finder are good (no corrosion). If those things are good then you would assume it's the unit and contact the manufacturer for warranty service.

Biggameaddict 03-30-2013 09:54 PM

I charged the battery and hooked it up and it turned on and off good without dimming. Ill leave it on for an hour then see how it does. Thanks a lot for the help.

StinkyMatt 03-31-2013 09:15 AM

If you have a meter, use it to check if your battery is really charged. Most 12v batteries will read around 13 when fully charged.

Some ff models will also show you the battery voltage, use that function to monitor until you figure it out.

Biggameaddict 03-31-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkyMatt (Post 152232)
If you have a meter, use it to check if your battery is really charged. Most 12v batteries will read around 13 when fully charged.

Some ff models will also show you the battery voltage, use that function to monitor until you figure it out.

Ok will do, thanks.