Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Who has a jackson cuda on here? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=17693)

spottie slayer 04-10-2013 09:27 PM

Who has a jackson cuda on here?

so just out of curiousity I was wondering how many people on here have a jackson cuda. since they are not very common in socal. I just ordered mine this week.:paddleersmilie:

JeffB 04-10-2013 10:09 PM

I have never seen one on the water. However I think the Big Tuna is pretty cool. I like how you can make it a tandom and have the seats facing one another

Oxbeast1210 04-11-2013 12:39 PM

I had one in florida i really liked it.

Jim Sammons LJKF 04-11-2013 12:51 PM

I now have four of them, now I just need to actually get them on the water.

Sdspeed 04-11-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxbeast1210 (Post 153405)
I had one in florida i really liked it.

correct me if i get this wrong but weren't you a little disappointed with the seat?
i really like them but i don't know of any dealers out here to go demo one.
sadly for me there out of my skill and price range right now.:(

danjor 04-11-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF (Post 153406)

So how do you paddle all 4 at once?

CKallday71 04-11-2013 02:39 PM

He paddles one nd tows the other 3 like a train to carry the rest of his gear.

CK

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjor (Post 153413)
So how do you paddle all 4 at once?

spottie slayer 04-11-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdspeed (Post 153409)
correct me if i get this wrong but weren't you a little disappointed with the seat?
i really like them but i don't know of any dealers out here to go demo one.
sadly for me there out of my skill and price range right now.:(

no the seats the best part. its the bomb:paddleersmilie:

spottie slayer 04-11-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF (Post 153406)

i was trying to buy one of your old yaks off you but i changed my mind and got a cuda.:kayak-surfer:

Oxbeast1210 04-11-2013 03:00 PM

For me what I liked least was the seat . Its similar to the native
Seat but for some reason my lower back would be hurting fairly quick.
It works awesome for most people it just wasnt right for me .I did like the
Balance of stability and speed. Plus they have some unique colors.

spottie slayer 04-11-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxbeast1210 (Post 153419)
For me what I liked least was the seat . Its similar to the native
Seat but for some reason my lower back would be hurting fairly quick.
It works awesome for most people it just wasnt right for me .I did like the
Balance of stability and speed. Plus they have some unique colors.

its all about personal preferance i guess.

Oxbeast1210 04-11-2013 03:06 PM

Yea I agree I think most people will love the seat. So far
Im the only person that ive heard complain about it.

Jimmyz123 04-11-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spottie slayer (Post 153364)
so just out of curiousity I was wondering how many people on here have a jackson cuda. since they are not very common in socal. I just ordered mine this week.:paddleersmilie:

Honestly I'm very glad that Jim moved to Jackson Kayaks and the reason that I say that is I think that has opened up the door for ALL of the Kayak companies to start moving into our region.

FeelFree Kayaks, the Moken 14 is an amazing Kayak. If any of you want to test paddle the one I have let me know and I'll meet up with you. They are great.

jbaker 04-11-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spottie slayer (Post 153364)
since they are not very common in socal.

Yet

spottie slayer 04-11-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 (Post 153425)
Honestly I'm very glad that Jim moved to Jackson Kayaks and the reason that I say that is I think that has opened up the door for ALL of the Kayak companies to start moving into our region.

FeelFree Kayaks, the Moken 14 is an amazing Kayak. If any of you want to test paddle the one I have let me know and I'll meet up with you. They are great.

im really interested in your yak. I looked at some older models from feel free a year ago (or 2) and i wasn't that impressed, but the new features look really sweet. I'd like to maybe check it out somtime.

Jimmyz123 04-11-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spottie slayer (Post 153480)
im really interested in your yak. I looked at some older models from feel free a year ago (or 2) and i wasn't that impressed, but the new features look really sweet. I'd like to maybe check it out somtime.

We can meet up sometime and I'll let you check it out and paddle it if you like. That goes for anyone that wants to test out the Moken 14. Maybe I'll setup a demo time or something.

spottie slayer 04-11-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 (Post 153485)
We can meet up sometime and I'll let you check it out and paddle it if you like. That goes for anyone that wants to test out the Moken 14. Maybe I'll setup a demo time or something.

do you ever fish dp?

JarrodMc 04-11-2013 10:02 PM

I just got a Cuda 14. Took it out to SD bay last week. I was able to stand up fish off it, stand up paddle, the 2 heights for the seat is great. The center hatch stays dry and so does the hull. Being able to stage the rods and keep the tips protected is a big plus. I got one you can try at the So Cal fishing club get together on the 28th. See you there!

spottie slayer 04-11-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JarrodMc (Post 153497)
I just got a Cuda 14. Took it out to SD bay last week. I was able to stand up fish off it, stand up paddle, the 2 heights for the seat is great. The center hatch stays dry and so does the hull. Being able to stage the rods and keep the tips protected is a big plus. I got one you can try at the So Cal fishing club get together on the 28th. See you there!

thats awesome im looking forward to getting mine. shipping takes to long. the anticipation is killing me.