Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Midnight Hooping (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=23454)

ceruleandrms 09-26-2014 11:12 AM

Midnight Hooping

Anyone dropping nets at midnight in Long beach? Looking at where to go. Is 72nd a decent spot? Any info or if anyone is going out please respond. Or if anyone is going to Channel Islands harbor too I can make the trip. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saba Slayer 09-26-2014 11:49 AM

CIH

I just got a text from a friend today and also a phone in when I was on the LTHU radio show last weekend...both persons said that the CHI break wall was closed due to dredging operations. And both folks said that it would be closed a number of months.

ceruleandrms 09-26-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saba Slayer (Post 207347)
I just got a text from a friend today and also a phone in when I was on the LTHU radio show last weekend...both persons said that the CHI break wall was closed due to dredging operations. And both folks said that it would be closed a number of months.

Alright. Thanks for the heads up. Gonna head South then towards Cabrillo/ Long Beach. Thanks for the 411

socal.beach.bum 09-26-2014 01:27 PM

Never hooped lobster before let alone from a kayak. I bought a few this year to try out. Where do you launch from in long beach? I don't want to poach anyone's secret spot, just trying to get a general idea.

Silbaugh4liberty 09-26-2014 01:45 PM

There's a launch were all the wind surfers go from just south of the pier. You can drive almost up to the water. It's in between the two parking lots next to the rest rooms. But most of the harbor is Sandy. So i think dropping nets by the islands or break wall is your best bet. Not too sure as I've never yak hooped before, only fished that area

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

socal.beach.bum 09-26-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty (Post 207358)
There's a launch were all the wind surfers go from just south of the pier. You can drive almost up to the water. It's in between the two parking lots next to the rest rooms. But most of the harbor is Sandy. So i think dropping nets by the islands or break wall is your best bet. Not too sure as I've never yak hooped before, only fished that area

Are you talking about the area opposite side of mothers beach?

Sorry for the thread jack. Last question.

Silbaugh4liberty 09-26-2014 02:22 PM

Not inside Alamitos Bay. on the outside, north of the jetty, south of the pier

pbb 09-26-2014 03:14 PM

Small Craft Advisory

Small Craft Advisory in effect until Saturday, 3:00 AM PDT. Source: U.S. National Weather Service

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM PDT
SATURDAY...

SEE THE COASTAL WATERS FORECAST (CWFLOX) FOR MORE DETAILS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MEANS THAT HAZARDOUS SEA CONDITIONS WILL
EXIST FOR SMALL CRAFT. INEXPERIENCED MARINERS...ESPECIALLY THOSE
OPERATING SMALLER VESSELS SHOULD AVOID NAVIGATING IN THESE
CONDITIONS.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lon...arnings/347631

ctfphoto 09-26-2014 05:44 PM

5 hrs 16 minutes to the big event :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster:

DanaPT 09-26-2014 06:21 PM

looking forward to seeing and eating some great dishes.

ceruleandrms 09-27-2014 02:45 PM

I waited til today. Launched in the dark. Wind was breezy but died by 0900. Hooped my girl a tasty dinner. First time hooping on a yak. It's a workout! Either that or Im getting old.

Vikingj 09-28-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceruleandrms (Post 207432)
I waited til today. Launched in the dark. Wind was breezy but died by 0900. Hooped my girl a tasty dinner. First time hooping on a yak. It's a workout! Either that or Im getting old.

Not very dark at 0900. Do you mean 2100hrs?

ceruleandrms 09-29-2014 04:20 AM

Nope. In the water about 0530. Sounds weird but I did the day thing. Still caught one so I was happy.