Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Anyone in Carlsbad area want to fish? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=23852)

surfisher 11-11-2014 08:35 AM

Anyone in Carlsbad area want to fish?

New to the forum here. Anyways,
Anybody want to fish? My friends always bail out so I'm left to fish by myself, not that that's a bad thing.

I hit the patties out of terra mar about 1-2 times a week depending on how good the surf is. I've been catching a lot of bonito & legal calico as of lately(safely released everything). I fish out of your basic ocean kayak but it does the job nicely for what I need. I was talking to some divers and they were telling me they've been seeing some 8-10lb yellows around the patties as well.

I also fish agua hedionda lagoon quite often as well. Depending on the tides, the spottie fishing is great fun.

Well, just let me know if you wanna meet up and fish.

Cbad Mike 11-11-2014 08:12 PM

I usually fish LJ but I'll let you know if for some reason I decide to go local.

surfisher 11-11-2014 08:20 PM

Rad, yea I cruised LJ last week and basically went in after a half hour it was so windy. At least 20 knot winds. I need to get back down there soon.

ironcross6921 11-11-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfisher (Post 211083)
New to the forum here. Anyways,
Anybody want to fish? My friends always bail out so I'm left to fish by myself, not that that's a bad thing.

I hit the patties out of terra mar about 1-2 times a week depending on how good the surf is. I've been catching a lot of bonito & legal calico as of lately(safely released everything). I fish out of your basic ocean kayak but it does the job nicely for what I need. I was talking to some divers and they were telling me they've been seeing some 8-10lb yellows around the patties as well.

I also fish agua hedionda lagoon quite often as well. Depending on the tides, the spottie fishing is great fun.

Well, just let me know if you wanna meet up and fish.

Let me know when your heading out and I'll see what I have going on (free most days/mornings) Where do you launch from?

surfisher 11-11-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcross6921 (Post 211148)
Let me know when your heading out and I'll see what I have going on (free most days/mornings) Where do you launch from?

When fishing the patties, I launch from the stairs just south of the tower. My kayak is pretty light when unloaded, so I just take two trips down the stairs. Its a quick 5 min paddle to the patties from there with an excellent channel through the surf.

Launching at the lagoon, I like the apartments on the YMCA section... the fishing is real fun in that area and the paddle is less than a minute till from launch to first cast.