Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Afternoon sd bait barge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=24822)

captnblood34 03-07-2015 09:31 AM

Afternoon sd bait barge

I'll be out today by the bait barge after the boys baseball games. Mango tarpon 120. Drifting the incoming tide back in. See you out there?

J

fishja 03-07-2015 12:11 PM

Good luck bro! Stay on the front edge of the current ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captnblood34 03-08-2015 06:24 PM

Shit show... Looked great until I got by the barge. I did one loop and had to head back to the calm. Almost got run down by a 40' sail boat even though I was no more than 30 meters from the stay back sign by the pillars. Yelled at him to quit being a host and pay attention. Didn't see the right kind. Next time.

J

janines.fishtales@cox.net 03-08-2015 07:15 PM

It's like that sometimes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by captnblood34 (Post 221077)
Shit show... Looked great until I got by the barge. I did one loop and had to head back to the calm. Almost got run down by a 40' sail boat even though I was no more than 30 meters from the stay back sign by the pillars. Yelled at him to quit being a host and pay attention. Didn't see the right kind. Next time.

J

As we get closer to summer, SD Bay becomes a ZOO. Only gets worse from here on out... Mid-week is the ticket.

Next time!

J

Cadillyak 03-08-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net (Post 221083)
As we get closer to summer, SD Bay becomes a ZOO. Only gets worse from here on out... Mid-week is the ticket.

Next time!

J

x2 on the mid week ticket. x3 on the Zoo!!

chuckt 03-08-2015 09:32 PM

got me nervous every time crossing back to shelter island. especially the big tour boat.

janines.fishtales@cox.net 03-09-2015 07:36 AM

It's interesting really...

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckt (Post 221104)
got me nervous every time crossing back to shelter island. especially the big tour boat.

I have this big phobia of being out in open ocean on my kayak. The surf zone for one, once I'm out there I'm ok. I think I have battled rougher conditions on SD Bay way more than the few times I've been out to LJ. Bay can be quite dangerous when it's busy.

J

PapaDave 03-09-2015 07:54 AM

Was that you drifting between the bait receivers? I was in a small boat with my daughter and her son and a friend. We managed to dodge the sailboats and counter the wind/current conflict to get a couple of sand bass.

captnblood34 03-09-2015 08:04 PM

There was an older fella in a tan yak fishing bass. He left as I arrived. It was me if you saw a mango WS 120. You were in for a treat if you saw me lose it on the sale boat that almost took me out.

J

Cadillyak 03-09-2015 08:26 PM

Sd bay is so much more dangerous than LJ. More traffic, less space, and all that junk. I learned in the bay, now fish LJ, and haven't looked back. Then again LJ is in my backyard. :p