Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Advice on a 3/4 day boat out of San Diego (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25029)

nathan 03-25-2015 06:16 PM

Advice on a 3/4 day boat out of San Diego

I am looking to take my 10 year old on a 3/4 day fishing trip in the next few weeks. We will be going out of San Diego and am looking for advice on which boat/landing/captain you would recommend as a kid friendly experience.

Thank you in advance,

Nathan

fishnfoool 03-25-2015 06:36 PM

The San Diego

The San Diego is the best boat for that. They keep the fish ice cold. No fee for parking. Captain is always willing to burn gas to find fish.

Raskal311 03-25-2015 06:43 PM

Seaforth js only running one 3/4 at the moment and yesterday they pulled in over 100 yellows. I've been on the SD half a dozen time, greast boat/good crew.

Irishman 03-25-2015 07:17 PM

San Diego out of Seaforth is a great boat, the plus is the fish hold where your fish are iced. I would reccommend going on a week day, the weekends will have a full load of 50 anglers, a lot of line in the water. Since your son is younger I would highly reccommend a am or pm boat to start. If he loses interest and your on a 3/4 day it's a long day for him.
Tip the crew $20.00 on boarding and ask if he can hang with skipper etc. that's a huge plus and nothing like seeing your son get to push a button, spin the wheel etc. Tuesday and Wednesday are your best bet

Cadillyak 03-25-2015 08:12 PM

I'm pretty partial to the Malihini out of H & M Landing.

blazian 03-25-2015 08:54 PM

Malihini is my favorite boat but not for a kid. There are not enough seats for kids who get tired. The San Diego is better choice if your taking a 10 yr old

Mahigeer 03-25-2015 09:50 PM

I have not been on SD, but was not impressed with Malahini.

CardShark 03-25-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 223334)
I have not been on SD, but was not impressed with Malahini.

Why not?

momo fish 03-25-2015 10:27 PM

For me it's the San Diego boat from seaforth. Free parking and great tackle shop as well..

Then the boat and crew is fishy and best part understand customer service. Treat you like your a fishing buddy and the captain fishes hard and goes the distance. Took my son when he was 8 and caught his first yellowtail (15pounds). Deckhand guided him till gaff while I took videos and pictures. The excitement they showed and cheering him is something that he remembers to this day and tells his friends about as he felt like he caught a record setting fish.. Yup I'm biased but awesome boat.

blitzburgh 03-26-2015 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momo fish (Post 223338)
For me it's the San Diego boat from seaforth. Free parking and great tackle shop as well..

Then the boat and crew is fishy and best part understand customer service. Treat you like your a fishing buddy and the captain fishes hard and goes the distance. Took my son when he was 8 and caught his first yellowtail (15pounds). Deckhand guided him till gaff while I took videos and pictures. The excitement they showed and cheering him is something that he remembers to this day and tells his friends about as he felt like he caught a record setting fish.. Yup I'm biased but awesome boat.

^^^^^^^^THIS :jig:

nathan 03-26-2015 07:24 AM

Thank you all for the advice. I will look into the San Diego and hope my boy catches the fish of the day!