Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   In the Begining...........BAJA or BUST (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25303)

makobob 04-19-2015 01:31 PM

In the Begining...........BAJA or BUST

B.o.B. was started to get people to Mexico for the 1st time or to get some of you guys going BACK. After about a year and a half it seems to have worked.
I will continue with these trips as long as I can. That being said I am going through a rough time medically.

Diabetes, low blood flow, and gangrene are causing complications. Late April and early May I will undergo some treatments. Hopefully opening up the vessels in my feet to help with blood flow and then the removal of a toe with gangrene in the bone. The healing process will be affected by my mental stamina.

24 June is a trip scheduled for OUR place at Gonzaga [Los Encantadas]. I will be on this trip, walking and hopefully peddaling. Dr. said single toe removal is usually healed within 30-45 days.

ALL scheduled trips for this year WILL happen, I will be there. Next year you might be on YOUR OWN. But maybe not as doing these trips is so much fun for ME. I thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts. Hopefully we can all fish together again, soon. Remember June 6th in SAN QUINTIN for Halibut. Tight lines.

Amish Ed 04-19-2015 02:33 PM

Prayer said! I hope the procedures go well and that the healing is quick.

rossman 04-19-2015 02:37 PM

Chit Bob. No bueno. Hope you can get these issues sorted out but unfortunately the disease is something you have to deal with the rest of your life as I am sure you know. If you need a nice quiet place to recover come on down. I'm afraid I wouldn't know the first thing about a diabetic diet but it's something like, if it tastes good, it's probably not good for you.

Sé bien que mi amigo

roadx 04-19-2015 02:41 PM

hang in there Bob. i hope i can make it down one of these times.
and thanks for your generosity! you are a very giving person.

makobob 04-19-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amish Ed (Post 225635)
Prayer said! I hope the procedures go well and that the healing is quick.

Thank you Ed. Ross the diet is not to bad, lot's of vegtables and fruit, just not too many tortillas. I will be visiting you for sure. Probabally JULY so get your list together amigo.

ful-rac 04-19-2015 04:04 PM

Sorry to hear about your health problems Bob...I hope you heal up real quick, there's so much more fishing to do.

All the things you have done for our community, is greatly appreciated.

Get well soon Bob!

Big Wave Dave 04-19-2015 04:07 PM

You''l be in my prayers Bob. Hope all goes well.

EastLosYaker 04-19-2015 06:52 PM

I'm sure you already know this, but we will do whatever is in our power to keep you out on the water (load your truck, carry the outback down to the water, etc). You do so much for BWE, it may be time for you to cash in on all that good karma you bring. You are in our thoughts and prayers Bob.

Mahigeer 04-19-2015 06:57 PM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Get well soon.

JarrodMc 04-20-2015 09:02 AM

Best wishes for a speedy, healthy recovery Bob!

Mike scales 04-20-2015 09:32 PM

Sorry to hear this, Bob. I hope you have a speedy recovery so we can hit the market in Gonzaga and share a couple bottles of wine and eat fresh mahi!
Prayers friend.:cheers1:

FISH11 04-21-2015 02:41 PM

Good luck, I hope you make a speedy recovery Bob. I hope to be able to join you in one of your trips to Las Encantadas.

MrPukaShell 04-22-2015 04:17 AM

Hoping for a speedy recovery. If there is anything I can do let me know. Yes I will help with loading, unloading, cooking and whatever on any trip I attend with you. At least I now know what to plan for dinner, fresh fish & veggies

Deamon 04-22-2015 05:08 AM

MakoRoberto!

I hope the jalapeno ribs are on your diet ban list. At the minimum...keep those bitches away from me!

Wally and I will gladly take that toe off for you, baja style...have a few beers first, then bite down on this leather belt.

I enjoy the stories you share on the beach in front of the Enchanted Islands. Can't wait for the June trip.

Jim

EastLosYaker 04-22-2015 05:46 AM

Now that's a true friend.

makobob 04-22-2015 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastLosYaker (Post 225947)
Now that's a true friend.

Yes Kevin, I feel so blessed to have made some great friends here. Jim, I understand you are a light weight when it comes to heat in your food. I can make a mild version, or just serve ice cream for desert........

Thanks guys we will all fish together again. Baja or BUST. Tight lines.