Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Weird yellowtail at the jewel (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=26195)

fishja 07-13-2015 12:10 PM

Weird yellowtail at the jewel

Caught this sucker on a Spanish :) will write a full report in a bit!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...ec4d65599e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabojohn 07-13-2015 12:24 PM

pesky by catch...:p

I'd still like to hear the story!

Silbaugh4liberty 07-13-2015 12:25 PM

Oh damn, I hate when that happens. Badass! Wish I lived closer! Congrats!

ashmoz 07-13-2015 12:25 PM

another photoshopped yt like mine!! :cheers1:

kayakfisherman 07-13-2015 12:45 PM

maybe that fish is from Spain?

Congrats!!! It looks like a beast!!

Iceman 07-13-2015 01:02 PM

LIKE!

Geno Machino 07-13-2015 01:44 PM

Saweeeeeeeeeerrrt!!!

fishja 07-13-2015 01:45 PM

Okay!

Launched around 545 with a few others. Tried to make bait but the Spanish didn't really wanna play with me and the greenies were no where to be found. Made a few Spanish and trolled out along the kelp line.

Not much action going on inside, lost a bait to a dog. Started to work out south near marine street. Got out away from the kelp and started to see some more action. Saw a bird pile off in the distance and booked it over.

Finally caught up to the birds and saw a few big splashes. I noticed the birds were right next to a large paddy so I slow trolled a Spanish just to the side and WHAMMO fish on! This fish hit so hard it almost backlashes my reel... With the clicker on!

Fish ran straight down and stayed there for about 10 minutes. Finally started to bring her in and gain some line. Then she stopped about 15 ft down and just kept circling and circling. She stayed there for another 15 minutes. Then out of nowhere I see a few quick flashes of yellow and before I know my fish is being vortexed by 25# yellows! Literally a school of 50 fish decide to swim just under my yak and tease the tuna... Of course this pisses her off and she makes another run down to 50 ft and stays there for 5 minutes.

Finally she comes back up and I'm able to get a nice gaff shot.

Bled gilled and gutted.

Not sure what the weight was but she's a chubber...

Decided to try to pick up a yellow since they were still under my yak! Bait in the water for a few minutes and bam fish on! Quick fight and this one makes its way on to the gaff. Not a monster but it'll make some more poke for the family!

Fish are out there! Go find em!

octico 07-13-2015 01:53 PM

Nice!

surfisher 07-13-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishja (Post 233461)
Okay!

Launched around 545 with a few others. Tried to make bait but the Spanish didn't really wanna play with me and the greenies were no where to be found. Made a few Spanish and trolled out along the kelp line.

Not much action going on inside, lost a bait to a dog. Started to work out south near marine street. Got out away from the kelp and started to see some more action. Saw a bird pile off in the distance and booked it over.

Finally caught up to the birds and saw a few big splashes. I noticed the birds were right next to a large paddy so I slow trolled a Spanish just to the side and WHAMMO fish on! This fish hit so hard it almost backlashes my reel... With the clicker on!

Fish ran straight down and stayed there for about 10 minutes. Finally started to bring her in and gain some line. Then she stopped about 15 ft down and just kept circling and circling. She stayed there for another 15 minutes. Then out of nowhere I see a few quick flashes of yellow and before I know my fish is being vortexed by 25# yellows! Literally a school of 50 fish decide to swim just under my yak and tease the tuna... Of course this pisses her off and she makes another run down to 50 ft and stays there for 5 minutes.

Finally she comes back up and I'm able to get a nice gaff shot.

Bled gilled and gutted.

Not sure what the weight was but she's a chubber...

Decided to try to pick up a yellow since they were still under my yak! Bait in the water for a few minutes and bam fish on! Quick fight and this one makes its way on to the gaff. Not a monster but it'll make some more poke for the family!

Fish are out there! Go find em!

That. Is. Epic.

FlyinRyan 07-13-2015 01:56 PM

Excellent!!:you_rock: I was out this morning but didn't head that far south, bait was hard to make but I ended up with two yellows.

Sully1 07-13-2015 01:59 PM

Looks like it could have eatin' you! Well done!

summers in kuwait 07-13-2015 01:59 PM

Man I saw that first post this am at work and thought what a tease.

Nice write up and nice Fish!

Congrats!

Zed 07-13-2015 02:01 PM

MOAR! !

ful-rac 07-13-2015 02:06 PM

Nice Fish!!!

:luxhello:

No pics didn't happen....

Aaron&Julie 07-13-2015 02:16 PM

Another awesome catch. Congrats! Would love to see a full shot of the fish for perspective, as it looks like it could be a 50lber from just the head photo. WTG!!!

Dennis 07-13-2015 02:26 PM

That's awesome!

Croaker Dave 07-13-2015 02:38 PM

Damn! That is sweet! :you_rock:

GregAndrew 07-13-2015 02:44 PM

I hate when that doesn't happen to me. Schweet fish of a lifetime.

dmrides 07-13-2015 03:04 PM

Siiiiiiiiick! :eek::eek::eek::eek: