Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dialing in meter (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28785)

TJones 04-13-2016 08:28 AM

Dialing in meter

1 Attachment(s)
Is there bait mixed in ? Please give opinions in overall image quality .

TJones 04-13-2016 08:33 AM

Added

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 1

jruiz 04-13-2016 08:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I fixed them for you

RedondoSteve 04-13-2016 09:49 AM

Looks like some Yellowtail over a large bait ball.
:cheers1: Hope you got one.

Steve

Denis_Ruso 04-13-2016 10:42 AM

Looks like yellowtail school cruising by pushing bait down to the bottom. Looks super fishy!

FARRIER 04-13-2016 11:57 AM

That is a nice meter. are you considering the all in one transducer??

TJones 04-13-2016 12:33 PM

ty

Quote:

Originally Posted by jruiz (Post 258589)
I fixed them for you

i always get them screwed up .
with that out of the way , i wanted to make sure i got it right about what i was interpreting . fish report is as follows . lots of marks but no takers . approximately 12 kayakers with only one fish caught (and this thing was the largest i've laid eyes on ). no bait balls breaking surface or birds crashing. heck it was so slow , not even the dogs were on the chew. water movement was almost non existent around the corner until the swells started to pickup mid afternoon . due to the fact that there was no water movement might be the leading cause of fish not biting? maybe because of the recent weather changes and storms that we have had. partly sunny at times and cloudy at others with no fog in picture . the long range weather forecast is looking optimistic. hope to see you guys out there.

TJones 04-13-2016 12:39 PM

all in one

Quote:

Originally Posted by FARRIER (Post 258618)
That is a nice meter. are you considering the all in one transducer??

have not seen it . is it down scan , side scan , and traditional? the lowrance ready bay kinda eliminates the possibility of using side. i am currently running a standard 50/200 . spit screen low chirp and 50khz seems like its working for me.

FARRIER 04-13-2016 01:26 PM

Ive been looking at the hds 7 and the elite 7 ti and am undecided. The images you have look really clean.

chris138 04-13-2016 02:18 PM

Do you like night mode (green scale on black)? The full color display will tell you much more about the density of the returns. But if that's how you like it all good!

octico 04-13-2016 03:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Better look ...

TJones 04-13-2016 04:39 PM

ty you again

lol. on the top picture is it definitely yellows ? and not tennis balls floating in ocean .no stupid questions ? right ? and on the bottom picture yellowtail high probability? the reason i am posting these pictures and running this thread is because i think i might be beginning to figure some of this stuff out and am just trying to make sure by getting different opinions. thanks for all input and advice. the meter i am running very well might be the best for the price range. an lowrance hds 7. the only drawback for some users is the added weight when coupled with the appropriate battery and mounting hardware. estimated weight minimum is easily 8-10 lbs.

TJones 04-13-2016 05:40 PM

if you can afford it

Quote:

Originally Posted by FARRIER (Post 258633)
Ive been looking at the hds 7 and the elite 7 ti and am undecided. The images you have look really clean.

go with the hds 7 . the power is unbeatable for this price range of units . if you need battery recommendations fell free to pm , i found a battery that is very good for our purpose.