Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   All I want for Xmas. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30286)

Mahigeer 11-30-2016 05:12 PM

All I want for Xmas.

To go to Baja with my Sentri Pass, when I get it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthu...cid=spartandhp

YakDout 11-30-2016 05:18 PM

Interview monday in san ysidro for me..:D

octico 11-30-2016 05:19 PM

I love my TJ, that 6x6 looks excessive

stevie951 11-30-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 272313)

Do you have to already have had the passport or have had it/traveled for a certain amount of time? My 1st one should be here in about 2-3 weeks by now..

What's the wait time on the appointment for the interview like? Wondering if i can make a call tomorrow to schedule it for a couple weeks out for when the PP arrives :rolleyes: :cheers1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 272314)
that 6x6 looks excessive

Right? For that $375k$ budget I'm thinking something along the lineage line of Mr. Enzo Ferrari is in order :drool5::driver:

YakDout 11-30-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 272315)
Do you have to already have the passport or have had it/traveled for a certain amount of time? My 1st one should be here in about 2-3 weeks by now..

What's the wait time on the appointment for the interview like? Wondering if i can make a call tomorrow to schedule it for a couple weeks out for when the PP arrives :rolleyes: :cheers1:

You will need your passport for the passport number. You have to first go to the GOES website once you get your passport number, fill out the forms, make sure to add your vehicle, and wait for them to approve your forms. You then will be able to pick an open date and time for interview. Was a rather lengthy process for myself, over five months all together. Others seemed to have a much faster approval of application.

stevie951 11-30-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 272316)
You will need your passport for the passport number. You have to first go to the GOES website once you get your passport number, fill out the forms, make sure to add your vehicle, and wait for them to approve your forms. You then will be able to pick an open date and time for interview. Was a rather lengthy process for myself, over five months all together. Others seemed to have a much faster approval of application.

Thanks for the helpful information brother!! Hope to catch y'all on the flip side of the border some day!! :cheers1::reeling:

Mahigeer 11-30-2016 07:38 PM

I have been checking the website on a daily basis.

3-5 months is the norm they say before the interview.

Maybe longer, since I want to go to LAX for my interview.

Mahigeer 11-30-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 272313)

Good luck.

Let us know please.

taggermike 12-01-2016 08:49 AM

Enjoy your pass. you're vehicle has to pass inspection and every one in an approved vehicle must have a senrti. My car has a crack in the wind shield so it can't be approved.
My buddies and I surf between Rosarito and Ensenada almost every week. Sentri passes make it so damn easy. 20 min wait tops. I took my wife, who doesn't have a pass, to Rosarito a few weeks ago. Week day at the like 2PM. 4 hour wait. F that. Mike

taggermike 12-01-2016 08:57 AM

You can't use the sentri with trailers and Ive never had an issue with surf boards. But this last May I crossed with little 8' skiff in the bed of my buddy's truck. They gave us a hard time n said we couldn't have boats, trailered or not. Never done the sentri with kayaks. But it would suck if they classified yaks as boats. Maybe ask about that at your interview. Mike

Mahigeer 12-01-2016 11:07 AM

If I cannot take a kayak on top of my roof, then it is useless.

Is there anything about it in their website?

YakDout 12-01-2016 11:44 AM

All Ive heard is no trailers. Plenty of people on BWE, with sentries, and cross with yaks all the time.

Mahigeer 12-01-2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 272339)
All Ive heard is no trailers. Plenty of people on BWE, with sentries, and cross with yaks all the time.

If you remember, can you ask them?

You have kayaks on the top too, right?

Thanks.

YakDout 12-01-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 272341)
If you remember, can you ask them?

You have kayaks on the top too, right?

Thanks.

Hashem,

At least two guys that I know of on our last trip have sentries and travel with kayaks.

Dave and John.

Maybe they will chime in.

Mahigeer 12-01-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 272355)
Hashem,

At least two guys that I know of on our last trip have sentries and travel with kayaks.

Dave and John.

Maybe they will chime in.

I hope so. I remember they had no problem that we heard.

YakDout 12-02-2016 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taggermike (Post 272331)
Enjoy your pass. you're vehicle has to pass inspection and every one in an approved vehicle must have a senrti. My car has a crack in the wind shield so it can't be approved.

My buddies and I surf between Rosarito and Ensenada almost every week. Sentri passes make it so damn easy. 20 min wait tops. I took my wife, who doesn't have a pass, to Rosarito a few weeks ago. Week day at the like 2PM. 4 hour wait. F that. Mike

Mike, vehicle inspections are a thing of the past. In the letter I got, they say they no longer conduct vehicle inspections.

I can confirm on monday.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...cbbe6d7733.png

Mahigeer 12-02-2016 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 272365)
Mike, vehicle inspections are a thing of the past. In the letter I got, they say they no longer conduct vehicle inspections.

I can confirm on monday.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...cbbe6d7733.png

The whole idea of the pass is to make the process faster.

It does not make sense to have the vehicle inspected. That would make it slower than the regular lane.

YakDout 12-02-2016 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 272368)
The whole idea of the pass is to make the process faster.

It does not make sense to have the vehicle inspected. That would make it slower than the regular lane.

Hashem,

They used to conduct vehicle inspections only at the initial interview. That is what the letter is referring to.

Mahigeer 12-02-2016 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 272369)
Hashem,

They used to conduct vehicle inspections only at the initial interview. That is what the letter is referring to.

Got it, Thanks.

taggermike 12-02-2016 07:23 AM

Thanks takeout, that's great news. Now I just gotta check if I did put a vehicle on my application. I recall I couldn't find current proof of insurance at the time of my interview so I may need to put in a new vehicle request. Mike