Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Who Was Your First One? ♡♡♡ (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30574)

jorluivil 02-02-2017 07:00 PM

Who Was Your First One? ♡♡♡

Who was the first BWE member that you fished with?

Mine was Bryguth. We connected several times and had some stellar trips, he doesn't fish much now but we still stay in contact with each other.

Ironically, I met Tony that same night and my first impression of him was, "what an asshole!!" Although my thoughts about him being an asshole hasn't changed I managed to somehow get used to his ways:D

erickp 02-02-2017 07:33 PM

Going to king harbor tomorrow hopefully I'll bump into one

Harry Hill 02-02-2017 08:56 PM

Amish Ed, took the time to introduce me to Newport. Thanks Ed, we need to get together again soon

Cbad Mike 02-02-2017 11:51 PM

I believe it was RobFish.
Always a cool, funny, and upbeat guy on the water.

King Saba 02-03-2017 12:36 AM

Well my buddy Orca Winfrey (don't ask me why he chose that name) got into the kayaking addiction together. Actually, he got me into it after he bought this beater touring kayak. lol super funny watching him get swamped in that and in another beater kayak. Anyways, 4 kayaks later, 3 for me, we still try to meet up about once every two weeks.

Along the way I've met Saba Slayer, Druko, and a few others all are top notch kayakers and anglers.

jruiz 02-03-2017 06:06 AM

Packeryakker got the honor of popping my cherry. What I meant was he took me to cherry beach. Like a typical guy, he sold everything and left after a couple of dates... I mean fishing outings

Hunters Pa 02-03-2017 08:21 AM

It was Jim Sammons. Guided trip in La Jolla some 13 years ago. Yellowtail on my first outing and I was hooked

octico 02-03-2017 09:10 AM

Here's a name you have not heard for a while

Will Novotny. Real nice guy.

bwana 02-03-2017 09:32 AM

Sea Dogs

Mr. Greenjeans and Kayakfisherman, both great people and fishermen.

Old salts from the Plastic Navy and Kayak Fishing Mafia days.

Orca Winfrey 02-03-2017 12:54 PM

King Saba. We used to tube the bays and then POLA. I got tired of fighting the current and being blown around like a toy boat so I got a used sit-in from Craig's. one of my first ocean outings consisted of towing Saba in his tube to the dead astronaut islands in my sit-in. I had lots of water in it by the end of the day and knew I needed an SOT. Boy was I beat.

2-Stix 02-06-2017 04:55 PM

DenisRuso...limits of wsb and yt at the bu on a squid bite in 2 hours...well it didn't really go like that.

PapaDave 02-07-2017 06:44 AM

I went out solo the first time out of Oceanside in a rented Hobie Sport. Rolled over three times. Lost all my tackle except for the rods which got tangled in the rudder.

But I did catch fish, although it was on the sabiki hanging on one of the tangled rods. I was hooked.

Denis_Ruso 02-07-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-Stix (Post 275017)
DenisRuso...limits of wsb and yt at the bu on a squid bite in 2 hours...well it didn't really go like that.

Maybe next time!