Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Oceanside Harbor Dredging (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31023)

Mr_Fixit 04-27-2017 02:40 PM

Oceanside Harbor Dredging

Is it me, or dredging operations totally screw up Fishing?! Looks like they started dredging Oceanside Harbor again, this time to replenish the beaches. It seems fishing is always bad in the harbor when they do this.

How long does it take for the fishing to return to normal after dredging? Does anyone have any idea how long they are going to be dredging the harbor?

makobob 04-27-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Fixit (Post 278851)
Is it me, or dredging operations totally screw up Fishing?! Looks like they started dredging Oceanside Harbor again, this time to replenish the beaches. It seems fishing is always bad in the harbor when they do this.

How long does it take for the fishing to return to normal after dredging? Does anyone have any idea how long they are going to be dredging the harbor?

I've had some great fishing with bait when they are dredging all the harbors, ghost shrimp. clams, inn keeper worms, they all work as they are being dredged up and circulate in a cloudded area. Don't gice up just experiment. The dredge is putting fresh bait into the water, so...............

goldenglory18 04-28-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 278852)
I've had some great fishing with bait when they are dredging all the harbors, ghost shrimp. clams, inn keeper worms, they all work as they are being dredged up and circulate in a cloudded area. Don't gice up just experiment. The dredge is putting fresh bait into the water, so...............

I would 100% agree with this.

Different water type, but some of the lakes in AZ get some pretty heavy weed growth and to keep the swimmers and party boaters happy, the state/muni does a similar process and clears up the vegetation. When that happens, reaction baits absolutely KILL in the muddy and cloudy waters.

Dirty Curti 04-28-2017 11:32 AM

They hope to complete dredging by Memorial day. Just head out to the AR's

Mr_Fixit 04-28-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 278852)

Thanks Bob. So, I never heard of inn keeper worms. Ghost shrimp, yeah, heard of them. No idea where to get either. Suggestions?

makobob 04-28-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Fixit (Post 278884)
Thanks Bob. So, I never heard of inn keeper worms. Ghost shrimp, yeah, heard of them. No idea where to get either. Suggestions?

Get a ghost shrimp pump, and sucky in the holes you see in the sand in the bays. Only allowed 48 or 50 so be careful. Inn keeper worms look like your dingaling only bigger. Als a smaller peanut worm and maybe pencil clam too but not sure if they are legal to take. Even used night crawlers and crawdads.
Experment gulp might wotr too. Tight lines..