Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Need 3 anglers to cede time on Sept 10th MLPA mtg (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=5930)

emrliquidlife 09-09-2009 02:06 PM

Need 3 anglers to cede time on Sept 10th MLPA mtg

Hey guys, I need 3 people to cede time at the MLPA meeting.

I worked with Keith M (Cucamonga Keith) and Greg Grego on making a video presentation that will be shown at the public comments portion.

I know this is last minute. Any takers?

I know my post count is nil here. I showed up at the Carlsbad mtg over the summer with the Baytubers RV. I had beers with some of you at the Pizza Joint.

If you can, we will need to meet up at 8:15 to do the cedeing of time.

Ed

1Flatfish 09-09-2009 02:16 PM

I'm an Angler

I'm perfect for this. I want to help and plan on being there to show support, but don't really want to talk.

Wayne

emrliquidlife 09-09-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Flatfish (Post 44133)
I'm perfect for this. I want to help and plan on being there to show support, but don't really want to talk.

Wayne

DING-DING! Winner Winner chicken dinner. Thank you.

If you can, please pm me your cell so when I arrive, we can go to the table to get a comments card together.

Ed

Billy V 09-09-2009 02:30 PM

Keep in mind that any single person who cedes time to another person is giving 30 second, not their full 1 minute allotment.

Corey 09-09-2009 02:39 PM

Ed, I pm'ed you.

warrior 09-09-2009 03:00 PM

Time

Ed, Will your presentation speak to all the closure areas or will it be focused on one fishing area i.e. La Jolla, Dana Point, etc?

I spoke at the Carlsbad and mainly fish Dana but I spoke to keep fishing open in all the areas.

You're more than welcome to have my time if your presentation is for everyone and all areas.

Send me a PM

Jesse

emrliquidlife 09-09-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior (Post 44138)
Ed, Will your presentation speak to all the closure areas or will it be focused on one fishing area i.e. La Jolla, Dana Point, etc?

I spoke at the Carlsbad and mainly fish Dana but I spoke to keep fishing open in all the areas.

You're more than welcome to have my time if your presentation is for everyone and all areas.

Send me a PM

Jesse

Jesse,

It mentions all areas, to include Pt Dume/Malibu, PV, La Jolla, and I'm I'm sure I got Dana Point in there.

The main idea of the video is asking them to give us safe areas to fish.

It is quite professional.

Ed

emrliquidlife 09-09-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 44135)
Keep in mind that any single person who cedes time to another person is giving 30 second, not their full 1 minute allotment.

Sheet, this is news to me. Lets see: 2:11 seconds for the video and 30 secs for me to close up. So I'll need 3, perhaps 4.

Ed

warrior 09-09-2009 05:23 PM

post the video

Maybe you could post the video and more people would be willing to give up their time...

I'm on the fence and maybe knowing the content would help me, or someone else.

SeaDog 09-09-2009 06:02 PM

I was planning on speaking but if no one else jumps on this, I'm in, in the past well thought out visuals have been very effective. Like Warrior I'm most concerned about Dana Point and OC; but as every kayak fisherman should be, I am also very concerned about La Jolla, PV and Malibu.

habanero 09-09-2009 07:01 PM

You can have my time if you need it. Everyone who has seen my speeches will agree that I am not the best use of the time but at least I show up.:leaving:

LakersFan 09-09-2009 09:33 PM

Do you still need more time. I will be at the meeting tomorrow.

tylerdurden 09-09-2009 10:32 PM

They should have enough time. We'll make sure of it.

Save your comment card if you want to cede time. Everyone that wants to cede time must turn in all the cards together, and everyone must be present in the room.

Grego 09-09-2009 10:36 PM

Thanks guys, we're looking good now with time, we got about a dozen Baytubers showing up. LJ is looking good.

emrliquidlife 09-09-2009 10:41 PM

BWE rocks and has stepped up big. I'm going to show the love in the live comment. Thanks for making life easy.

I have the cell numbers of those that have responded. Greg and Tyler, if we have guys who need time, we'll get them connected.

I'm off to bed with visions of kelp fairies in my head.

Ed