Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Monday morning (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6018)

Hypoxic1 09-21-2009 03:27 PM

Monday morning

1 Attachment(s)
Wife says Please bring home fresh fish for dinner" " have a good time"

So I did. No great story here. bait was tought to make . Dog took most of it. I was down to 2 of my last mackeral, small ones too, little 5 inch candy type....

Got hit a few seconds after dropping in and this one gave me a pretty good fight for 15 mins. About a pound heavier than my last yellowtail.

Man I sure wish I was working regular right now, but dam,

I love this job.

Home by noon

Chris

fishinkid2010 09-21-2009 04:17 PM

Nice going! I envy those of you who can fish on the weekdays!

TCS 09-21-2009 07:11 PM

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity

Congratulations Chris!

Sounds like a lot of hours on the water and some good advice from your freinds had you prepared.

Opporunity is that yellows are out there and so were you.

Lucky Bastard!

Whizz Bang 09-21-2009 07:27 PM

Chris,

First and foremost, congratulations.

I wonder if Bob was with you?

Thanks for the PM... keep em coming. I cant get out till next weekend, and for now I am living vicariously through your posts. I may need to ask you to fish on saturday and straighten out whatever I have been doing wrong lately.

Again, congratulations....it must be the frozen chum...

Hypoxic1 09-21-2009 07:52 PM

thanks Eric,
going out again tomorrow.
trying to get Bob out on thursday. Big ass bag of chum and returning this ones head back to neptune. Should be good for new bait.
Lets see if we can set up a day in the near future.
Chris

dsafety 09-21-2009 08:25 PM

Hey Chris and Eric,

Can't make Thursday. Dentist appointment. Friday is open for me. If you guys go out on Thursday, please try to leave something for me to catch when I can get out there.

Bob

THE DARKHORSE 09-21-2009 08:33 PM

Nice job, Chris!

I know the request to bring home dinner quite well. I'm glad it worked out. :cheers1:

Whizz Bang 09-21-2009 08:37 PM

Subliminal message to follow:

LETS ALL FISH SATURDAY!!!

bellcon 09-21-2009 09:39 PM

Congrats
:luxhello:
Yep that is a nice fill in job to have

Dennis 09-22-2009 08:28 AM

Congrats on the yt!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypoxic1 (Post 44818)
Big ass bag of chum and returning this ones head back to neptune.

Careful with the chum, had a juvenile gw (didn't look like a mako) chase me yesterday morning. I got a pretty good ID since it was on my ass.

Sherm 09-22-2009 09:11 AM

Nice fish. It's good when the wives like to eat fish. That way they let us go fishing.

Geoffkoop 09-22-2009 03:05 PM

Nice Yellow! You are on a roll out there. My wife loves fish but hates when I try to clean em in the kitchen:toetap05:.

MVC 09-22-2009 06:34 PM

I plan on going out Thursday. Maybe I will see you out there.

dsafety 09-22-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoffkoop (Post 44888)
Nice Yellow! You are on a roll out there. My wife loves fish but hates when I try to clean em in the kitchen:toetap05:.

My wife and mother-in-law joined me to taste the YT I caught last week. I filleted the fish, prepared the dinner and even did the dishes. I made their portions small but not small enough as there was was still something left on the plate after dinner. Bummer.

I need a wife who loves the taste of fresh fish. Mine has stuck with me for way too many years to be a candidate for replacement but there must be some way to train the pallet.

Any suggestions?

Bob

steveooo 09-22-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsafety (Post 44908)
Any suggestions?

Bob

From Kayak4fish- By Far my Favorite Recipe for YT

Mike's Ceviche Recipe on this site is pretty bomb too.

Yellowtail Ranchero

Ingredients:

4 filets Yellowtail
1 tbsp. Olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
3/4 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
4 Fresh cilantro sprigs

For the Ranchero Sauce:

1 tsp. Olive oil
1 cup Onions, sliced
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Celery, diced
1/2 cup Green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup Red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 tsp. Jalapeno or Serrano pepper, diced
1/4 tsp. Thyme leaves
1 Bay leaf
pinch Red chili flakes or cayenne pepper
1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, minced
1/2 cup Diced tomatoes with juice
1 1/2 cup Chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Prepare Ranchero Sauce by heating olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, celery and peppers, saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme, bay leaf, red chili flakes, cilantro, tomatoes and olives continue to saute for 3 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve.

Preheat grill pan. Season fish filets with salt, pepper and olive oil. Cook seasoned fish in grill pan until done. Place fish in a baking dish and smother with Ranchero Sauce. Top each filet with cheese. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to platter or warm serving plates. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.

steveooo 09-22-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis (Post 44852)
Congrats on the yt!

Careful with the chum, had a juvenile gw (didn't look like a mako) chase me yesterday morning. I got a pretty good ID since it was on my ass.

:eek::eek::eek:
Way to thin the herd D :cheers1:

Dennis 09-23-2009 06:15 AM

Sorry for the thread jack...

Steve,
This shark would swim faster as I double timed my paddle strokes. My bait was behind him, so I figure it was chasing me down (Nothing was dragging or bleeding). I called Avery on the radio, and he paddled in my direction once he saw it behind me.
-D