Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MLPA SUPER IMPORTANT READ NOWWWW (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6243)

Ocean-Angler 11-05-2009 11:15 PM

MLPA SUPER IMPORTANT READ NOWWWW

ok guys check it out
MLPA is going to analy rape ALL of us!!
look for thsoe of you who got nutts, or are bored or drunk or high or wasting time or wutever, and reading this
we NEED to band together..!!!
Im on about 7 forums now!! and im trying to get everyone to get together to fight this crap

first
do we have ANY attorneys,? anyone who is politically inclined???
or knows about petitions>>>???
the MLPA is going to fuck us ( mods pls dont delete) on our fishing areas
theyve already raped us bfore
cmon guys just listen to this

I sell tackle.. I sell rods reels etc.. i would say 90 percent of my customers dont even know hwat MLPA is !!!!!! they dont even have any clue..
what do i know???
as a kid and adult all i knew was I cant fish in certain areas.. I didnt know why.. but now I KNOW!!! environmentalist bitches own us.. they decided to rape us of what we want.. to fish!!!

ok look
guys for real'
I LOVE animals
My girlfriend loves animals and so do i.
so look , while we stand here and get our fishing lands taken away, we basically promote farming of tortured animals

instead of MAN hunting FISH and HUNTING DEER and getting his own meat from animals who LIVED A HAPPY LIFE, we will instead promote farmers of tortured animals
COWS who are tied to corrals and never move so the meat is tender
pigs who are artificially inseminated and stuck in a spot while they lay hundreds of babies..!!!
VEAL!! u know whatt they do? they raise cows and choke them and keep them in a corral where they cant move so they dont develop muscles so the meat is tender!!!

WTF!!!

cmon guys..
email me!!
we gotta fight this
I have all the answers on this,... but no answers on attorney stuff

tylerdurden 11-06-2009 04:52 AM

First off everyone should start by showing up on November 10th

You need to be at the BRTF meeting November 10th
9:30 a.m.
Sheraton Gateway Hotel
6101 West Century Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=6241

Welcome to the party:rolleyes:
since you have "all the answers", where were you this last year helping out our rsg members.

FISHIONADO 11-06-2009 07:54 AM

If you haven't helped by attending meetings and writing letters for the last 6 months you are just blowing smoke. I hope you have written emails this week and plan to attend the meeting in LA next week.

MalibuJohnny 11-06-2009 08:03 AM

WTF?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocean-Angler (Post 46793)
ok guys check it out
MLPA is going to analy rape ALL of us!!
look for thsoe of you who got nutts, or are bored or drunk or high or wasting time or wutever, and reading this
we NEED to band together..!!!
Im on about 7 forums now!! and im trying to get everyone to get together to fight this crap

first
do we have ANY attorneys,? anyone who is politically inclined???
or knows about petitions>>>???
the MLPA is going to fuck us ( mods pls dont delete) on our fishing areas
theyve already raped us bfore
cmon guys just listen to this

I sell tackle.. I sell rods reels etc.. i would say 90 percent of my customers dont even know hwat MLPA is !!!!!! they dont even have any clue..
what do i know???
as a kid and adult all i knew was I cant fish in certain areas.. I didnt know why.. but now I KNOW!!! environmentalist bitches own us.. they decided to rape us of what we want.. to fish!!!

ok look
guys for real'
I LOVE animals
My girlfriend loves animals and so do i.
so look , while we stand here and get our fishing lands taken away, we basically promote farming of tortured animals

instead of MAN hunting FISH and HUNTING DEER and getting his own meat from animals who LIVED A HAPPY LIFE, we will instead promote famrs of fucked up animals
COWS who are tied to corrals and never move so the meat is tender
pigs who are artificially inseminated and stfck in a spot while they lay hundreds of babies..!!!
KOBIE BEEF!! u know whatt they do? they raise cows and choke them and keep them in a corral where they cant move so they dont develop musclse so the meat is tender!!!

WTF!!!

cmon guys..
email me!!
we are gonan fight this shit \
I have all the answers ont his,... but no answers on attorney stuff

All the answers but...What is it you are trying to say?

Ocean-Angler 11-06-2009 08:28 AM

I just recently found out about the MLPA so I know im a little late

heres my angle with this, problem is it might be a little too late

I recently saw a video showing how farmed animals live. and its seriously saddening. if anyone could help, id like to edit that video, and put soem stuff in on farmed fish from china, and then some interviews of fisherman.
  • the goal, to aim the video towards animalists and humanists.when they see how sad farmed animals live, im sure theyll realize that fishing and hunting your own food is a much better way to go
  • Also, to find out if any of these enviros who are funding the campaing are tied with Enron, Texaco, CHevron etc.. to see if any oil companies have plans to expand and put rigs in any of the areas to be closed on the maps
  • to target the youth and show them the farm videos, and teach them about fishing
  • spread public awareness, Im on like 6 forums - get into the east coast forums and get emails to fire off, because this WILL affect them to
only problem, its late
And I just found out the angle and about the MLPA basically @ the end of october, and this forum liek 3 days ago

if theres ANYONE who knows about law, or how petitions work, maybe we can overturn this thing even after they pass
I know that court cases can be appealed.. this isnt exactly a court case, but the justification would be, that the public was never informed!
this is supposed to be a public thing, we are supposed to know
but last night as I said, 90 percent of my custoemrs who fish dont even know what MLPA is!

JoeBeck 11-06-2009 08:36 AM

Stick with this post
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...?t=6241&page=2

And get as many people to the meeting as you can, bus kids in if you are able, rally the senior citizen homes, vets, homeless, get your customers there, everyone you can!

habanero 11-06-2009 09:28 AM

Thanks for tuning in. We need all the help we can get. I have a feeling we will see a huge awakening after it is too late to do anything. (People outraged and up in arms after it ruins fishing plans for the day):arne1:

Unfortunately, this might be our last opportunity to be heard. If your knowledge of this is recent, that means the crowd you hang with are also in need of awakening?

Realistically, the BTRF meeting panel on November 10th will not be interested in general comments or videos. The time for those arguments have long pasted. They will need to hear concrete suggestions concerning what areas are targeted to be closed.

Am I wrong about this guys?

Fiskadoro 11-06-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISHIONADO (Post 46805)
If you haven't helped by attending meetings and writing letters for the last 6 months you are just blowing smoke.

So I guess by that logic that anyone that has not been involved to date should just not bother.... right... because that's essentially what your saying.

6 months ago I had a poster on another site rag on me because they did not see me at one particular BRTF meeting. Turned out I had just shown up late after he left. He said something like you just said. That my opinions did not matter because I was not at that meeting.... Well... ironically that's the last I've seen or heard from that poster when it comes to these events, I think it' was the only one he even attended, and truth be told I attended meetings about this issue as far back as 2003.

Everybody puts in what they can in these things. It's not a F'n competition. when you start acting like it is, like some are holier then thou, or are better people because of their "good works" all it does is turn others off, and those others are people whose support we actually need in the process.

Byron may be late to the game.. He just moved here: he probably would not even know about the MLPA or even this website, if I had not talked to him about it, but he does care, and he is passionate about fishing and wants to do what he can.

That sure beats the hell out of sitting around in an armchair and bitching and moaning about how others are not worthy to participate just because they don't meet some arbitrary personal participation level standards.

This is not some popularity game where people compare how many meetings they have gone to. It's about getting others involved, not measuring our MLPA johnson's.

Your post reminds me of the guys up here who were so concerned with keeping Big Kelp Reef (our La Jolla near point Dume) a locals only spot, that they refused to tell people about the fishing there, even when it was threatened with a closure. Now they (more like WE!!) are probably going to loose that area to a MLPA because of lack of participation from the general fishing community.

It's amazing how short sighted some can be.

Jim

tylerdurden 11-06-2009 10:15 AM

Jim stfu. Now is not the time for this to fall apart. Personal attacks, and such are not helping for the discussion. We need everyone there and united behind our best options. Starting petty arguments is not the answer.

We can argue the facts, and the best course of action. In a civil way. Remember the MLPA staff reads this board, and all the other boards.

edit->
This is not a contest of who can do the most. Period.

The problem is too many people aren't doing what they can. Not everyone has the ability to contribute as much as others. But everyone needs to contribute as much as they can, becuase we are getting screwed here.

Ditto to what Joe Beck said. At this point we just need to show up Tuesday.

Fiskadoro 11-06-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerdurden (Post 46818)
Jim stfu.

LMAO.... Now that's a little misdirected and uncalled for....

Quote:

Now is not the time for this to fall apart. Personal attacks, and such are not helping for the discussion.

This coming from the guy that just told me to STFU? :D

I'm not falling apart or really attacking anyone: I just stating I think it's totally unnecessary to tell people their "blowing smoke "unless they have attended past meetings, and that such comments turn people off who would otherwise participate. That's not confrontational that is common sense.

Quote:

We need everyone there and united behind our best options. Starting petty arguments is not the answer....... This is not a contest of who can do the most. Period.... Not everyone has the ability to contribute as much as others. But everyone needs to contribute as much as they can, because we are getting screwed here.

I agree that is exactly why I posted what I did. Byron's new to the scene, and he may not have attended past meetings but he wants to do what he can. I say let him.

I just spent on hour on the phone with him going over the latest Maps from the Blue Ribbon Task Force MPA Options For Consideration and Review to work out which options we should support and their various impacts.

He's now drafting a letter to send to the BRTF and DFG but also to send to fifty frieinds who will then hopefully all send in more letters to the BRTF and DFG. Like I said he may be new to the process but I can appreciate his passion for the subject. Now I got some letter writing to do on my own.

Jim

Ocean-Angler 11-06-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Day (Post 46823)
LMAO.... Now that's a little misdirected and uncalled for....

This coming from the guy that just told me to STFU? :D

I'm not falling apart or really attacking anyone I just stating I think it's totally unnecessary to tell people their "blowing smoke "unless they have attended past meetings, and that such comments turn people off who would otherwise participate. Thats not confrontational that is common sense.

I agree that is exactly why I posted what I did. Byron's new to the scene, and he may not have attended past meetings but he wants to do what he can. I say let him.

Jim

Jim is very logical and all that made sense:)
Tyler, Im working on the email campaign right now
Im taking time off from working, just so I can work on this...

Fiskadoro 11-06-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocean-Angler (Post 46824)
Jim is very logical and all that made sense:)
Tyler, Im working on the email campaign right now
Im taking time off from working, just so I can work on this...

Cool Byron... Like I said thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort. Dude we also got to go hit BKR and Dume before they shut it down..

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1170/14jz9.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2641/75828332nr2.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3358/16pc2.jpg

Jim

FISHIONADO 11-06-2009 11:52 AM

I was pretty harsh on a clueless newbie, sorry for that. :D

PAL 11-06-2009 01:10 PM

Damn those Dume rocks look tasty.

Now this message from your RSG representative. All MLPA meetings are public. It is always a good idea for people to participate in person. Particularly when the maps have changed dramatically since the last time the public had a say, and will continue to evolve in real time. Only those present at the meeting will have the slightest opportunity to weigh in on the eventual outcome while it is still meaningful.

Also, if you are there and see a development that demands a response, you can march right up to me and let me know. The BRTF offers RSG members more of an opportunity to weigh in. I think Tuesday's meeting may be more kinetic than normal; I welcome and encourage your input.

Billy V 11-06-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

And I just found out the angle and about the MLPA basically @ the end of october, and this forum liek 3 days ago
Byron,

This is Billy V from San Diego. I contacted you this summer in late July or, the beginning of August regarding the purchase of Original Kencor Rods. I am sure I told you about the MLPA process, and what was at stake at that time.
I encouraged you to attend the mlpa meeting to view the process, and to offer public comment.

Do you recall the conversation ?
I directed you to this website at that time.

Billy V

MalibuJohnny 11-06-2009 02:58 PM

Spell check

Byron, Please use spell check! before send your letters...

And put down the pipe!

""I recently saw a video showing how farmed animals live. and its seriously saddening. if anyone could help, id like to edit that video, and put soem stuff in on farmed fish from china, and then some interviews of fisherman.
  • the goal, to aim the video towards animalists and humanists.when they see how sad farmed animals live, im sure theyll realize that fishing and hunting your own food is a much better way to go
  • Also, to find out if any of these enviros who are funding the campaing are tied with Enron, Texaco, CHevron etc.. to see if any oil companies have plans to expand and put rigs in any of the areas to be closed on the maps
  • to target the youth and show them the farm videos, and teach them about fishing
  • spread public awareness, Im on like 6 forums - get into the east coast forums and get emails to fire off, because this WILL affect them to
only problem, its late
And I just found out the angle and about the MLPA basically @ the end of october, and this forum liek 3 days ago"

:confused:

Fiskadoro 11-06-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAL (Post 46835)
Damn those Dume rocks look tasty.

Yeah they sure do. Every time I look at those pics I feel like heading up there. It's just a magical place when the winds down.

Thanks for all the great work Paul. If I can arrange it I'll see you Tuesday.

Jim

Grego 11-06-2009 04:08 PM

What the F? we got about 4 days before they forward the integrated map to the DFG and you want to show a farm animal video? I thought jumping out of planes and fighting wars made ME looney.

Fiskadoro 11-06-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISHIONADO (Post 46827)
I was pretty harsh on a clueless newbie, sorry for that. :D

It happens. I've been guilty of it myself more then once :sifone:

For that matter I guess I was pretty harsh on a Senior Member, sorry for that. :D

Jim

bellcon 11-06-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

I thought jumping out of planes and fighting wars made ME looney.

Um...
IT DID:biggrinjester: