Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Never know what you may come up in your spread... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6584)

T Bone 01-12-2010 07:24 PM

Never know what you may come up in your spread...

4 Attachment(s)
This is a friend of my brother named Dave Wolfson.He used to run bongos out of newport for Joe Barian.He is a FT capt for some gazzillionaire now and caught this bale a few years ago.found this while going through old pics.Definitely CPR'ed ,not the kind of thing you want to get caught with down there,they would take the boat.Enjoy!:sifone:

bellcon 01-12-2010 07:36 PM

Wow
Excellent job on the cpr

exactly what I would have done

what?
seriously!
I would have...

Gino 01-12-2010 10:48 PM

:D:D:D:D

hes very lucky that no one form a long distance away wasnt watching.

That was a gps drop.thats not soemthign that just acidently falls out of a boat.

Lucky no one found that chum line and looked for him! Thats 10k

Billy V 01-13-2010 05:25 AM

He must have been High to fling that bud out there as chum.:)

He looked like he was enjoying it - way too much.

SanDogSWO 01-13-2010 06:01 AM

It may have been a GPS drop, but more likely it was jettisoned by the drug runners when law enforcement detected them. My ship is conducting counter narcotics operations off Central and South America right now. Dumping their cargo and making a run for it is the tactic of the go-fasts when they are detected. We've had a couple of guys ditch their loads when our helo flies up on them. Those are 1000kg loads of coke, at $33,000 per kilo, not "small change" bales of marajuana.

When not chasing the smugglers, the fishing is pretty good off Costa Rica, Panama and Columbia. We've released a couple of 150lb class sailfish, lost a couple nice marlin and one huge yellow fin, caught (and mostly released except for flight deck barbecue Sundays) all the dodos and schoolie yellow fin you can shake a stick at.

cioppino 01-13-2010 06:56 AM

Fished the WON tuna tournament in Cabo a few years back and we caught one of the those. Captain said every time there is big swell or a storm small pangas coming from mainland overloaded with drugs capsize or lose some of their load.
Our bail was wet, but dried out just fine! :sifone:

dsafety 01-13-2010 07:22 AM

But of course, you did not enhale. Right?

Bob

FISHIONADO 01-13-2010 09:20 AM

I've smoked yellowtail, it was delicious!

We could eliminate this criminal/cartel element by legalizing weed in the US.

cjthomas 01-13-2010 09:37 AM

how does that saying go...?

You gotta get lit to get bit....

wade 01-13-2010 10:32 AM

Now thats really getting Skunked!!!!!!!!
:bandit:

T Bone 01-13-2010 01:58 PM

He said it was very heavy,like 20# or so.Very compacted,like a trash compactor or something...

Bryantfish 01-13-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISHIONADO (Post 49953)
We could eliminate this criminal/cartel element by legalizing weed in the US.

FUCK YA!:you_rock::you_rock::sifone:

Adam12 01-13-2010 03:06 PM

Looks like he set a little aside on the bait tank. :canabis:

Iceman 01-13-2010 03:15 PM

came across a floating bale off Descanso years back, i was afraid to even go near it.

tattuna 01-13-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 49978)
came across a floating bale off Descanso years back, i was afraid to even go near it.

I've come across a couple in the Sea of Cortez. The pangero said best thing to do is stay far away because you never know who could be watching and if it comes up missing you and your family could come up missing as well.