Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   La Jolla Triangle? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=7436)

sandydiego 05-25-2010 02:44 PM

La Jolla Triangle?

Have you seen the web cam? Let's throw some more ugly on the beach!??!?!?! Is traffic that bad? What a eye sore.

dmrides 05-25-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydiego (Post 57777)
Have you seen the web cam? Let's throw some more ugly on the beach!??!?!?! Is traffic that bad? What a eye sore.

Well at least they cleaned up all the kelp.

But seriously, I think that inside the triangle is where they are going to put the new fish cleaning station.

sandydiego 05-25-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmrides (Post 57778)
Well at least they cleaned up all the kelp.

But seriously, I think that inside the triangle is where they are going to put the new fish cleaning station.

If it looks stinky it should smell that way too. Does someone have a old table we can dump in the center? Should complete the look.

baitcasterboy20 05-25-2010 03:30 PM

it is amazing how much traffic there can be sometimes

Billy V 05-25-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydiego (Post 57777)

I would have to say that you have not launch at The Shores much. LOL

Starting Memorial Day Weekend - through Labor Day it will be a nightmare.
-I hope you have a set of wheels for your kayak.

sandydiego 05-25-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 57784)
I would have to say that you have not launch at The Shores much. LOL

Starting Memorial Day Weekend - through Labor Day it will be a nightmare.
-I hope you have a set of wheels for your kayak.

I have been launching at O' dark am. Is it that bad as well?

Billy V 05-25-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydiego (Post 57812)
I have been launching at O' dark am. Is it that bad as well?

Not bad during an early morning launch, but when you return it is usually jam packed with beach zombies.
Thats when you need the wheels because the sand is tore up and soft, and there are usually lots of vehicles on the beach.

swinginFish 05-26-2010 07:40 AM

SMILE

While possibly just rumor, heard the "triangle" was put there at the request of BWE. Objective? So that those scoring a decent fish at LJ know where to stand so that the rest of us webcam-viewing landlubbers can drool on our keyboards ....

Avery

sandydiego 05-26-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 57818)
Not bad during an early morning launch, but when you return it is usually jam packed with beach zombies.
Thats when you need the wheels because the sand is tore up and soft, and there are usually lots of vehicles on the beach.

Thanks. Good to know. I was planning on upgrading my yak cart with some fat wheels anyways.

Useful Idiot 05-26-2010 12:08 PM

Well that should be fun to watch sink into the sand during the first high tide.

miguelitro 05-26-2010 12:27 PM

is it bad etiquette when I dont pull in and leave on the right side of the triangle?:D

Rob929 05-26-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinginFish (Post 57828)
While possibly just rumor, heard the "triangle" was put there at the request of BWE. Objective? So that those scoring a decent fish at LJ know where to stand so that the rest of us webcam-viewing landlubbers can drool on our keyboards ....

Avery

Nice! Make sure you hold up your catch in the triangle :cheers1:

dick fabulous 05-26-2010 01:08 PM

Go figure

They have one of those in Costa Mesa. It is called 'triangle square'.

dmrides 05-26-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dick fabulous (Post 57858)
They have one of those in Costa Mesa. It is called 'triangle square'.

A triangle square?? Is that like one of them yellowtail tuna?

Billy V 05-26-2010 03:44 PM

The triangle thing forces you to drive on the sand with your wheels turning Right - Not straight, so I can see people getting stuck when the sand becomes soft from the tires pushing.

Also there is a bit of a blind spot when you are going toward your right because the storm drain housing can conceal children up to 4 ft. tall.

Keep your eyes open when rounding this obstruction. Its too close to the storm drain housing.

toby 05-26-2010 06:18 PM

Also there is a bit of a blind spot when you are going toward your right because the storm drain housing can conceal children up to 4 ft. tall.

Keep your eyes open when rounding this obstruction. Its too close to the storm drain housing.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the triangle is to slow some people down. I was watching the camera the other day and a vehicle went by so fast it was only in the field of view for a fraction of a second.

dick fabulous 05-26-2010 09:57 PM

Drifting

Quote:

Originally Posted by toby (Post 57901)

Keep your eyes open when rounding this obstruction. Its too close to the storm drain housing.

Maybe the triangle is to slow some people down. I was watching the camera the other day and a vehicle went by so fast it was only in the field of view for a fraction of a second.[/QUOTE]

CurtyL 05-27-2010 08:44 PM

as a calculus major in college - I support it :)

deepdvr 05-27-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dick fabulous (Post 57917)
Maybe the triangle is to slow some people down. I was watching the camera the other day and a vehicle went by so fast it was only in the field of view for a fraction of a second.

[/QUOTE]

The lifeguards are on it right now about speeding. Make sure you stop completely before entering the beach and go at a snail's pace. I was read the riot act for not stopping at the stop sign. :doh: