Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Skisherman (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=7963)

j mo 07-28-2010 06:25 AM

The Skisherman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t--USl_jy8

Dont they know they make these things called Kayaks? Looks like a wide open market for OEX....

467echo 07-28-2010 06:49 AM

I think "bigbarrels" is a local skisherman:biggrinjester:

j mo 07-28-2010 07:32 AM

^ the x13 can be tippy!:biggrinjester:

dsafety 07-28-2010 08:20 AM

Let me make sure that I understand Shishing? You dress up like a seal and head out into the ocean by yourself at night. You float around for hours with 90% of your body submerged in cold water hoping to catch a fish.

Sounds like the perfect way to catch a shark, using yourself as bait. There has to be a better way. Maybe someone should send this guy a photo of a kayak.

Bob

bigbarrels 07-28-2010 08:52 AM

:) You've got to try it........it is a blast.......It eliminates the tippy kayak issue.......J-Mo, you own Churchills?

j mo 07-28-2010 09:18 AM

I do in fact own churchils im taking my 90j out with a pool noodle this week.... Those east coasters are onto something:cheers1:

dsafety 07-28-2010 09:38 AM

I suppose the launching and landings would be easier. Kind of hard to pearl in just a wetsuit. Maybe that is what they were thinking when they marked those inaccessible kayak launch sites on Sunset Cliffs.

Bob

sandydiego 07-28-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 467echo (Post 61799)
I think "bigbarrels" is a local skisherman:biggrinjester:

I completely agree. He even does it without a wetsuit. A real man.

Dean Machine 07-28-2010 12:07 PM

I've seen this before. I think it is totally cool. To each his own. For the nay sayer's, don't forget that there are yet some that would say kayaking in the ocean is crazy. I don't think that what these guys are trying to experience is much different.

Thanks for finding this, I recently tried searching for it but I kept typing in "squishing" 'cause I couldn't exactly remember what it was called. :cheers1:

dsafety 07-28-2010 02:36 PM

Come to think of it, I remember fishing the kelp off Cardiff once when a kid paddled up on a boogie board. He was wearing a back pack with a rod strapped to it. He proceeded to make his way deep into the kelp and sat semi-submerged on the boogie board over a hole. I did not see him catch any fish but he looked like he knew what he was doing.

Interesting.

Bob

bellcon 07-28-2010 04:47 PM

His wife said:
"I hope it feeds his soul"

He said:
"I just focus on that moment"

Sounds like Kayakfishing to me...
:cheers1:

cowboybill 07-28-2010 05:36 PM

OK.......

I will say they must be good at rebuilding their Reels....To think I worry about waves splashing on my rigs...

They dont have to worry about "Iron Butt" or "Monkey Butt"

Not sure if a leash is a good or bad thing!?!?!

They need a heads up Fish Finder! On second thought maybe its better to not know what lurks beneath you!

Cowboybill:jig:

lterrero 07-28-2010 06:47 PM

Too much love for fishing? special at night:confused:

Gino 07-28-2010 07:17 PM

well you could skisherfish nakid, then youd have all the kelp to yourself. :biggrinjester: brilliant idea! :eek:

driftwood 07-28-2010 07:37 PM

That is one of the most Bizzare fishing i have ever seen!!:afraid:

Dean Machine 07-28-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino (Post 61845)
well you could skisherfish nakid, then youd have all the kelp to yourself. :biggrinjester: brilliant idea! :eek:

Just the thought of doing that gives me nightmares. Too many things could happen.........I won't go there. :eek: :D

bigbarrels 07-28-2010 10:50 PM

it's a two mile off the point type of sport.....first thing you do is buy an X-Factor.......second you put a bait tank in the rear hatch without a timer switch......then add in some swell/wind......make sure you can't reach your sump pump and carry some fins......then grab onto one pole:reel:

Gino 07-29-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Machine (Post 61849)
Just the thought of doing that gives me nightmares. Too many things could happen.........I won't go there. :eek: :D

Yeah go forbid your out there doing a squid spawn... they might think the wrong way about ur mandhood. but the WSB would be biting though!

StinkyMatt 07-29-2010 09:52 PM

These dudes got some BIG BRASS ONES! More power to them. In California, some nuthead would bring a fish finder with him...:D

ibbeerbum 07-29-2010 10:15 PM

I have people calling me nuts for being out there on a Kayak but, I believe this really is and in the cold to top it off.