Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LJ Report (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8854)

Tman 11-27-2010 01:46 PM

LJ Report

Notice it didn't say Fish Report...that in itself should be a dead giveaway.

Launched at oh dark thirty in my new (used) ride, the maiden voyage...about time I upgraded. Had to battle relentless ankle slappers to get out, but I'm sure all that launched made it out safely. A bit nippy, but not too bad.

Set up shop, managed to get a couple squirts, pinned down, no takers.
As the sun rose, so did the typical heat rising effect...Victory at Sea. With the winds came the chops, and for a good hour or so, not the most pleasant conditions. Nice rip going on, had an iron down and a fresh mac down as well, but got no love.

Winds started to die down and LJ became as flat as an ex before a boob job.

Met an early riser who was heading in, gave me some fresh dead, to no avail. Paid it forward and donated to a guy heading out in lake conditions who couldn't believe there had been chop on the pond.

Luckily have a neighbor who just got back from a multi-day Mex trip, so there is YFT to be had.

Can't wait to get out again...

Dan 11-27-2010 03:01 PM

does this mean you're all done with the loaner yak?? bring her on over!

Tman 11-27-2010 06:05 PM

:D You go it Dano...think I've worked all the bugs out...

lbsurf2ca 11-28-2010 08:58 AM

Yeah everyone I talk to yesterday got sunked.

There was a couple hours out there that were really challenging. I'll need to invest in some winter gear.

steveooo 11-28-2010 11:59 AM

Thanks for the report. Victory at sea sounds about right for the past couple morning this week. Oh well, you never know when your number will be called for a big fish this year...

kurtfish 11-29-2010 10:02 AM

LJ Frost Warnings

Tman, My son, Lucas really apprecaited you coming over to our truck to say hello to him. We were discussing how someone did not bother to say hello to him when I was talking fishing on the water with a fellower yaker.

Lucas was a trooper and he did not complain about the frosty wind that blew to 15 knots as far as I'm concerned. That was the coldest and hardest temperature diferential wind I have ever experienced. Lucas was able to fit my gloves over his own so he was able to stay warm enough to fall asleep while sitting on my bait tank. Conditions look good today with lots of gull activity but surf was up this am. I am hoping to get out in the early am to see if I can pull out an end of month submission once again.

Good to see you and keep the next generation going. :you_rock:

Tman 11-29-2010 06:16 PM

Not a prob...I think the best part was when I asked him if he fell asleep out there...atta boy, a big yes...:D

Just wait til he gets in his own yak, stress level increases big time. We were out one time, winds came, current rippin', too tough for him to paddle in, I started towing him in, got snottier, ended up throwing him in my yak with me and towing an empty yak.

If you don't mind me saying, I think he's at the age where you guys should get a tandem, he will have way too much fun then, and if you think it's easy getting him out now, wait til he has his own space...he'll want to go all the time, regardless of conditions or surf...

Aaron&Julie 11-29-2010 06:21 PM

Thanks for the report. Good to hear what's going on out there.