Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bee invation! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=9847)

driftwood 03-31-2011 07:44 PM

Bee invation!

I got invated by a swarm of bees while fishing today in La Jolla. Got stung 7 times on the face and arms. There was so many bees on my head... i was dripping bees. I looked like a bee keeper!

I'm doing tequila shots right now to num the pain :help: But, just looking at the 45Lb reward i got today makes me forget about the pain (tequila shots helps)

Hot day today summer time hot!! Current was ripping lots of bait out there.

ctrujillo 03-31-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 79900)
I got invated by a warm of bees while fishing today at La Jolla. Got bit 7 times on the face and arms. There was so many bees on my head... i was dripping bees. I looked like a bee keeper!

I'm doing tequila shots right now just to kill the pain :help: But, just looking at the 45Lb reward i got today makes me forget about the pain (tequila shots helps)

that is a small price to pay for a 45er.thats easy for me to say thank the lord for tekillya

Rav3n805 03-31-2011 07:57 PM

ouch! at least you got one!

dsafety 03-31-2011 08:07 PM

I was just thinking about the April Fools report that I was going to post after going out tomorrow. I was going to be really creative.

Did Driftwood beat me to it or have the fish finally shown up? Give us some pictures Gabe.

Stay tuned.

Bob

WahooUSMA 03-31-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 79900)
I got invated by a warm of bees while fishing today at La Jolla. Got bit 7 times on the face and arms. There was so many bees on my head... i was dripping bees. I looked like a bee keeper!

I'm doing tequila shots right now just to kill the pain :help: But, just looking at the 45Lb reward i got today makes me forget about the pain (tequila shots helps)

I am going to do a couple tequila shots for you......here we go!:cheers1:

sterling 03-31-2011 08:42 PM

Do you mean "stings" instead of bites? Ok someone had to point that out.

driftwood 03-31-2011 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsafety (Post 79907)
I was just thinking about the April Fools report that I was going to post after going out tomorrow. I was going to be really creative.

Did Driftwood beat me to it or have the fish finally shown up? Give us some pictures Gabe.

Stay tuned.

Bob

No April fools Joke and yes the bee attack is real. I can't believe this happen to me today. I look like the elephant man.

Attachment 3942

Tman 03-31-2011 08:49 PM

Almendrado - very smooth, sipping tequila. Best to have a couple bottles on hand, the first one can disappear mighty quickly.

Then there is this guy...
http://www.bevmo.com/Media/Images/Pr...Full/73407.jpg

FARRIER 03-31-2011 08:54 PM

Tman thats some good taste there. not many know the greatness that is triple destelado coralejo!

dsafety 03-31-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 79916)
No April fools Joke and yes the bee attack is real. I can't believe this happen to me today. I look like the elephant man.

Attachment 3942

Well done Gabe! I hope that I stumble on that spot tomorrow. If I don't maybe I will have to come up with something entertaining to excuse my failure.

I just hope the bees leave me alone. I will have beer on board as and anesthetic, however. Anyone else planning on being out there on Friday?

Bob

ODOGFISH 03-31-2011 09:18 PM

... damn nice pescado ... sucks about the bees tho ... so how far offshore were you when the bees hit

Rav3n805 03-31-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsafety (Post 79923)
Anyone else planning on being out there on Friday?

Bob

I'm going out for a nice paddle , may be run into some mackerel and try to avoid the bees, I will be in a green trident 13!

roadx 04-01-2011 07:25 AM

keep self medicating, best thing for bee stings ;)
bees or no bees i would be doing tequila shooters celebrating.
another fine fish! all i got was sunburned.

not quite totally fried thinking of after noon bite 4/1 or Saturday morning.
anyone interested??

old_rookie 04-01-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadx (Post 79939)
keep self medicating, best thing for bee stings ;)
bees or no bees i would be doing tequila shooters celebrating.
another fine fish! all i got was sunburned.

not quite totally fried thinking of after noon bite 4/1 or Saturday morning.
anyone interested??

JimmyZ and I will be launching between 7:30 & 8am on Saturday - I just can't get up any earlier than that, so if you are willing to sleep in, you can join us.

rogersmith 04-01-2011 07:38 AM

:doh:Damn, I would have been practicing my self rescue skills, I HATE bee stings [allergic to some degree]. I may have gone under the kayak and breathed through the scupper holes!

dorado50 04-01-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_rookie (Post 79940)
JimmyZ and I will be launching between 7:30 & 8am on Saturday - I just can't get up any earlier than that, so if you are willing to sleep in, you can join us.

Jimmyz really going fishing?:luxhello:is he taking his computer with him? I know this is an April fools joke. Nice fish by the way...

bubblehide 04-01-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 79946)
...I know this is an April fools joke. ...

Are you sure you know one when you see one?

Fiskadoro 04-01-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblehide (Post 79947)
Are you sure you know one when you see one?

Like shooting fish in a barrel... :sifone:

Iceman 04-01-2011 08:37 AM

I am going to guess it was the yellow kayak that brought them to you, why they stung you is a mystery.......queen must have landed on your head, wanted to start a new hive between your ears!

Quote:

There was so many bees on my head... i was dripping bees. I looked like a bee keeper!
Can't imagine more than one bee sting at a time!

Nice Feesh! :luxhello:

BTW WCW 2011 starts TODAY!

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/f...splay.php?f=26

StinkyMatt 04-01-2011 09:16 AM

Bees eat WSB

Little known fact:

I used to be a beekeeper, during times of slow flowering activity in the fields we used to feed the bees remains of fish we would catch. The fish love the protein contained in the tissues of a dead fish.

More simply stated the bees were fighting with you over their right to hunt their pray, a WSB! Its just mother nature at work!

You are out in the ocean, the natural hunting grounds for bees and they are just fighting for their survival.

LEAVE the bees alone!

P.S.

A new MPLA is being established in Ca to protect the Pelagic Bee populations.