Thread: 11-25 LJ report
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
yaky yak

11-25 LJ report

Launched at daybreak. The surf was a little bigger then Iv'e had to go out in a while. I paddle out with a off shore breeze at my back to where I saw several PB's and a couple kayak fishing. There was lots of bait. big macks were everywhere chasing smaller bait. I saw no signs of the right kind, but there was an abundants of seals feasting on the Macks.
I yo yoed outside, trolled a bait(only the seals showed any interest) and I jigged a mega bait with my baitcasting outfit towards the end of the day and got a nice white fish, and several legal bass, that I C/R.
I got to the shoreline at dust, and the surf was about 2 1/2 to 3 ft and the sets were coming one after another. I lashed everything down good or so I though. I make it in fine, but when I stepped out of the yak a wave of white wash hit the yak broad side, my crate fell off but was still attached and I couldn't turn my kayak over as I was hit by more white water. I lost my battery, and my jig box, and ruined my phone, I am hoping my new FF will still work. I still had a good day. the afternoon was really nice out there. Yaky yak
yaky yak is offline   Reply With Quote