View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #8
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

to bdkirby

bdkirby, I am no expert at this. The irons that I been using lately are the Tady C and the Tady 45 light. around the kelp. I took the a Tady C and strip all the paint off of it I use it on overcast days and have had good success with it so maybe color does not matter that much. All I can say is look for signs of live like jumping bait fish that looks like somthing chasing them. boiling fish and rolling fish. On the boiling fish I cast it out and start reeling right away If I do not get a bite the next cast I let it sink to a count of twenty before reeling. Also being in the right place at the right time and plain stupid luck Like I had the other day. And also trust your gut feeling if you go through and area and think that you should throw the iron do it even though there are no signs of live. I can not tell how many times that has work for me or maybe its that stupid luck working again. Sometimes you just got to keep at it. The day will come and you will nail them on the iron. There is nothing like catching a yellow on the iron and with the surface iron sometimes you can see the yellow come out of nowhere and hit your iron. Good luck and keep at it. Jim.
sitinsidejim is offline   Reply With Quote