View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #67
Kahouna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
I watched your vid and and there are two things I'd suggest. Not giving you a hard time just constructive BS. One I'd say always wear your PFD when going in or out, and two never let the yak get between you and the incoming surf.

If you had been in bigger surf and a wave caught your yak when you were standing between the yak and the beach it would of driven the yak into you with force, and you could of lost a few ribs or your teeth. It's a mistake everyone makes once, I did and got nailed pretty good one day, but the bottom line is once you are in the water you want the yak between you and the beach, not the other way around.

Put the two together and you got real trouble. Say a wave caught your yak wrong that day and it hit you in the head hard enough to knock you out, with no PFD on you could of possibly drowned.

Jim
Exactly why I put that video up. I did about everything wrong there and could have had my tush handed to me a lot worse. My PFD is usually on but I didn't think it was bad enough to pay attention to the waves or be prepared. Thank you Pacific for reminding me who is in charge at all times.
Kahouna is offline   Reply With Quote