View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
battleborn

I went from pontoon boat with a casting platform to kayak pretty recently. You seem to be asking the same questions I asked myself. I love fly fishing and being able to stand up was mandatory. Several kayaks fit that bill. Then I also use gear tackle and see myself trolling at times you can troll with both paddle or peddle kayaks. Are you going to want to be able to multitask ie, change flies, lures, eat, etc while on the move then you will need hands free. Storage is important figure out how much gear you going to bring how you are going to store your rods. For me I was sold on the PA horizontal rod storage. While fishing fresh water I had my craft drift into the reeds or brush along the banks and was worried about a 9ft fly rod getting the tip busted off. I have taken it in the salt and fresh water. So in the end I got the PA and I do not regret it one bit. Yeah it was pricey but look for deals on Craigslist. I got mine at fast lane sailing in MB got a good deal. The real factor is going to be your pocket book. I had to wait a while for one to show up in my price range and persistence paid off. Good luck only you will know what yak is right for you!
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote