View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Thumbs up Thumbs up from me

Both my son and I have had the Manta Ray paddles for close to 12 years now. We have been very happy using them, but what made me a big fan of Aqua Bound/Bending Branches was how we were treated when we ran into an issue.

Last year my son was launching into large surf in Laguna Beach and took one big dig with his paddle and it snapped in half at the connection point. He was going to write it off as "Well I got 10 years of hard use out of it". I suggested that he send an email to Aqua Bound and explain the situation. They responded within a couple hours and sent a brand new paddle to him at no cost, I don't think he even paid for shipping.

When I saw his new paddle, I noticed the connection point was much better engineered than the original model, and upon looking closely at my paddle, I realized that mine was showing some wear similar to my son's original. I sent Aqua Bound an email with pictures and they offered to change out my shaft with the newly engineered model. This did cost me $25 and one way shipping, but That is not outragious from my point of view.

Like so many product nowadays, it ain't rocket science to build something, but if you stand behind your products, I'm a customer for life.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote