View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
I like the front knobby... cutting edge..stuff
Yeah the knobby came with the wheel and fork, it's from a DRZ400. Once I'm done welding things on it I'll replace it an my old Metzler with some new Shinko 705's

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
BMW Hill climber maybe if the chopper doesn't work out Jim, That will a super bitch'n scoot when done.
Good eye... You're getting the idea. I'm taking custom AV rider offroad mods, dropping and lengthening the rear end like a hillclimber, creating kind of a unique bike with a chopper bobber look. Most BMW choppers look like Harley's with the wrong engine in them, I wanted to build something unique, that fit the BMW esthetic, but was not only functional but multifunctional.

With the DRZ400 forks and the R1200GS WP centered monoshock in the rear it should be offroad capable.

Originally I bought the DRZ fork with the intention of turning the BMW into a GS, or PD, but then I got the chopper bug after looking at it with the new fork on next to aluminum chopper KHS bicycle mod I built last month.

Funny after building the new swing arm and stretching it out a bit that BMW looks ridiculously short to me with just the DRZ400 fork.

At any rate... The kicker is if everything works as planned I'm going to add a second lower shock mount on the BMW, so I can raise the rear for offroad use. True dual sport. I could then ride it to the desert as a chopper, drop the rear end then ride it off the pavement all day.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote