View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Yeah, bass thumb

Hit the Pipe this morning. Pretty darn nice day too. Decided I would burn my extra $10 and launch at the ramp. Got there and for whatever reason the gate opened before I could put in my money. Score. This turned out good because I lost over $6 in lead and had to Hogan's on the way home. Anyways, I launched at 7:00 to a cloudy sky and a SE wind.

Got out to the Pipe and got a fish on the first cast and another on the third. Figured it was a good sign and for the first hour it was a bite every cast. I missed so many it was actually funny. Then I broke off a brute, that wasn't so funny. But, that's the risk when fishing 8lb. The wind died down about 9:30 and stayed down until about 11:00 when it started out of the NW and blew pretty good. Had a good pick most of the morning and it wasn't until about 10:30 when the bite slowed way down. But, I got my best fish about 11:30, it was about 4lbs and fell for a 3" Flurry in Redfish. The 4" in Redfish was also good all morning. 5.5" Big Hammer in Toast on a 1oz red Slayer head, MC dropshot bait in lime green/clear belly on a Sled Head, and a x-mas tree Tenacious were also good. As many as I missed today I still ended up with 19 legals and 5 shorts and a good case of bass thumb. Water is 57, can't wait until it warms up.