View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
gupppy

Try leveling the but with your elbow and puttin the reel where your hand would be. Then go from there. Kinda like cheating with a bat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I have a 8' Teremar Heavy action 20-40lb I'm going to start using to throw my surface irons. Its a 1-4oz lure weight.
I chose the rod because the Tady A1, Tady C, Tady 45 and Salas 7x all fall into that weight range.

I have an Avet SX MC to pair with it. I'm wondering where you guys find it more comfortable to place the reel since there is no seat on this rod. I had it about just over 1/2 way up and it feels a little awkward to throw. I put it there because it was a used rod and thats where the prior owner had placed it, and it seemed like a good starting point. I'm thinking of moving it closer to the butt of the rod, maybe 3-4 inches from the bottom. I feel like I'm choking up on a baseball bat when I throw it like it is.

I know this is something we all will have our own preference to, so I guess what I'm asking is where should I place it to get the most power, I can learn to adjust if it feels weird.

Thank you
Neill

gupppy is offline   Reply With Quote