Thread: LJ 3-17-07
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #26
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymansd View Post
So..... to Sum things up..... I am the only one that uses strictly 50-65# P-line Spectra with a leader of Seaguar 30# Flouro. I do not like the elasticity of the monos, and hang ups seem to be much easier to get out with the Spectra. And jig's of all kinds seem to be much more responsive to the spectra than the mono. Is there a reason I am missing for the use of the Mono lines?
Relative to dudes who have been fishing jigs in southern cal, I haven't enough experience to really have an educated opinion about fishing the iron. But I will say that I like casting the iron on mono. Stopping the jig midflight by thumbing the spool seems to be easier, I don't like mono/spectra connections to be casted through the guides and I like not having to worry about another knot. The latter seems to be personal preference though. For live bait I prefer spectra though. This is where the spectra/flouro connection comes in handy. I can change line size, add a bead and egg sinker for a carolina rig and bust through kelp if I need to. This is the method that I have found to work for me, but what do I know, I'm a dumbass
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote