View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
KatFish

Water Taxi by PA

Wow! What a day. I caught the water taxi lol (my husband on his PA) from Shelter Island over to the Coronado bridge there and back. I caught 4 spotted bay bass and 2 sculpin. I might not be catching the big ones yet but I'll be there soon. Last weekend he took me out to La Jolla but the surf was rough, but we headed out anyway. Once out there for two hours with large swells I started to feel sick. I never get motion sickness but on this day I almost tossed my cookies. So we decided to head in and the surf was even larger and I said to myself NO GUTS NO GLORY. Well I ended up eating it hard lmfao so I'm a little more aware of what could happen. But the good news is I didn't lose anything! But a little scary for the first time with gear. He said when he gets home in six weeks we will try again. But on a nicer day!!! A year ago I wouldn't even bait my own hook! Now I am almost doing it all. (still a little slow on learning knots) but I'll get it over time. So to sum this up I'm very proud of my catch today.
KatFish is offline   Reply With Quote