Thread: Bait Tank
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #19
MrM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PescadorPete View Post
Since your inlet is on the top, you might want to add one of these near the bottom if you haven't done so already. I dump the 40# of bait tank water before landing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
I agree with this 100% drain the water before trying to land or it could cause you to roll on the way in.

I'll have to do that. The yak was noticeably more top heavy w/the tank. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
As long as you still have juice in the battery at the end of the day, you can just throw the pump in the tank and disconnect the hose from the inlet to drain the tank. I think the technical term is reversebaitmosis.
Haha! I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
about how much does a battery like that run?

Andy?
I believe it was $25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badtaste2k View Post
Looking good bro! Great work!
I like those rivets with the plastic spreaders. Did you get those at OEX?

Dan
Thank you! The rivets came in an extra parts bag when I bought the yak (it was used). But, I am 98.6% sure I saw the same exact rivets in a rigging kit that OEX sells. I would imagine they'd have the rivets by themselves, too. They aren't 100% water proof though, so if you use them make sure to use some Goop, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthFisherman View Post
great looking tank! What model pelican case is that? Can't make it out from the pic.
Thanks! It's a 1060. It fits the extra wiring, switch, and battery like a glove.