View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
jorluivil

Pacific Anglers Seat for Hobie

Review of day 1:

Its sucks!!!

Ok, it doesn't suck, its actually a great seat but its not built for the Hobie. The morning started OK but went south fast, I mean really fast.....my thoughts went from 'cool' to 'I'm ready to throw this thing in the water' almost immediately. At one point I looked up at the sky and prayed to the Man to give me the strength to survive the ordeal.

The biggest problem:

when you start to peddle you tend to put pressure on the upper part of the seat, this causes the lower part of the seat to slide forward. Eventually, you'll get to a point when you're laying with your back on the bait tank and you're staring up at the sky. This is the point where you start praying to the Man above. The buckles that are supposed to hold the straps in place and keep them from sliding only work if there is constant tension on them, the minute you release/relieve them of any tension the straps start to slip and this is what causes the bottom half of the seat to slide forward.

I'm trying to avoid using the bolts that the standard Hobie seat comes with but that may be the solution. I played around with the seat most of the day and finally got it to stay in its place for a few hours but the minute that I got tired and tried to lean back I must have put to much pressure on the upper half of the seat and this caused the bottom half to slide out. I have a few solutions other than the bolt thing that I think will work but before I do any modification I going to give it another try tomorrow.

I fished from about 6am until 3pm, considering how much I had to deal with and the stress I went through my back doesn't feel to bad. Lets see what day two brings

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote