View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
steveooo

Calico Bass Fishing

I’ve never really been much of a bass fisherman. This is probably for a few reasons- the first being that I’ve never been very good at it. I’ve also never understood the amount of effort they put into catching relatively small fish, just to let it go, with the only reward being the hope of another patch or logo on their sponsor-laden shirts. Most of the bass guys I know, wear clothing that is just a step away from those recreational road bikers that think its perfectly ok to wear their ridiculous neon spandex outfits into restaurants and grocery stores. I just don’t get it, but maybe I’m missing something?

With that being said, I got into a pretty fun bass bite the other day. I went to La Jolla with the intentions of bigger game fish. I made about 8 pieces of bait, and made my way to the spot. When I got there I sent down a bait, and immediately hooked into a fish… a calico bass. I pinned on another bait, and it was gobbled by a nice calico bass within about 10 seconds. I did this 5 more times, and ended up with 5 insta-bass, most of them being pretty decent size. I guess bass fishing wouldn’t be that bad if it was always WFO like that. I turned the camera on and got some bass footage, and even put it to some decent music, because most of the videos I see the bass guys make all are pretty cookie cutter footage, with the same sucky soundtrack. Who knows, maybe I’ll become a bass fisherman someday…

Here you go, enjoy.

Don't forget to turn up the volume and watch in full screen

Steve

Calico Bass Fishing (and by-catch) from Steveooo on Vimeo.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote